10 Days Central Japan


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan
March 25th 2007
Published: March 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gearing up for the 10 Day Trip ~ Before we set off




The Air Tickets

Preparing for the 10 Day Central Japan Trip started late last year when we first booked our air tickets online. Back then, Northwest Airlines was having their $399 promotion which flew direct to Tokyo Narita Airport. The timing was excellent. An early morning flight departing Changi at 6.20am and a late evening flight from Tokyo. The offer was simply too irresistable to be missed.


Rail Pass

We purchased the 7 Day Japan Rail Pass at $371 which was good enough for the bullet train rides between Tokyo and Osaka. We were glad that the pass was valid for airport train transfers and JR railway transport within Tokyo and Osaka. Worth the money invested!


Accomodation

We will be staying 3 nites in Yokohama, 2 nites in Osaka and our final 4 nights in Tokyo. All are comfortable budget accomodations conveniently located close to train stations. Free breakfast was thrown in for Osaka Hotel. The bill came close to $450. For expensive Japan, this was money relatively well spent.


Travel Guides

Investing in the Lonely Planet Japan Guide was necessary. A 15%!d(MISSING)iscount at MPH Bookshop made it worthwhile for me to purchase it. A visit to the Japan Tourism Bureau for an up to date travel literature was useful. Of course, I'm thankful for the travel resources provided by S - really appreciate the blown up metro map of Tokyo.


Itinerary

Has more or less being firm up at the time of writing. But will be subject to weather changes and ground conditions. Of course, we are worried of language barrier and losing our way. But what the heck! Didn't wish to join a tour group and change hotels everyday.









Total Bill: $1,612 - $371 = $1,241

Air Tickets: $651 (inclusive tax)
Accomodation: $450
7 Day Railpass: $371 (reinbursed by Company)
Entry fees for Disneyland and Universal Studio: $140



Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb