Karaoke, Babies and Big Men in Nappies


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
June 7th 2006
Published: June 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Uncle Cam and Auntie MegUncle Cam and Auntie MegUncle Cam and Auntie Meg

Lucas - you should be scared!!!
That about sums up the month of May for us here in Japan!!!

The most exciting news of last month would the birth of our very first nephew. My brother and his wife had their very first baby boy named Lucas. He is absolutely gorgeous and the new family is all doing really well. So we are now Auntie Meg and Uncle Cam - very, very cool!!!

With our time in Japan coming to a close (we're planning on leaving around mid-October) we've decided to make a list of all the things we still want to do here in Tokyo so as to ensure we've had the all-round Japanese experience. So what better way to kick of the list but go to the National Spring Sumo Tournament here in Tokyo.

The tournament was so cool. A lot more interesting than we both had imagined. The stadium was absolutely massive and we had seats right up in the nose-bleeds - the very very back row. Thank goodness during the day it's quiet, so we moved a bit closer but being up in the back made for nice place to have a little nap before the big guns came out
Sumo TournamentSumo TournamentSumo Tournament

Cam VS Big Men in Nappies!
to fight.

We took heaps and heaps of photos, but they can't describe the atmosphere of actually being there. It was awesome. If you ever come to Tokyo in Spring or Autumn you MUST go along to the Sumo tournament - it's definitely not to be missed!!

We've been doing A LOT OF karaoke this past month. Cam's really started to get into it which is awesome, so we've been going quite a lot. Over the past few months we made friends with this cool couple from Maine, Jason and Sarah, who also live in our suburb, Yabe. So we've hung out a few times and discovered they are as crazy about Karaoke as we are!!!!

There happens to be a really cool karaoke place in the next suburb (only a 15 minute bike ride away) and we've become members. Have discovered my our new favourite songs to sing. For Meg it's "99 Luftballons" sung in original German of course and for Cam it's "Friend like Me" a Disney classic that he performs brilliantly. We've taken videos, so will show you guys one day!

Unfortunately our friend Sarah has headed back to States to go back
Sumo ArenaSumo ArenaSumo Arena

Very impressive!
to Uni there. But before she left we had a farewell party, which then lead into an all-nighter out in a very sleazy area in Tokyo know as Roppongi at a very sleazy little bar where, luckily girls got in for free, but Cam had to fork out 2000Yen. By the way, this all-nighter was followed by a 10am to 6pm shift at work for Meg!!!! Never again!!!

Work has been a bit topsy-turvy this past month. My boss has decided to leave and get a new job, so I was offered the position one day to only have the offer taken back another day because I couldn't commit to a minimum of 8 months. Oh well, not sure I'm "boss" material anyway (Cam might disagree though!) Cam's branch has seen a lot of changes too, with about 4 teachers moving on - hopefully they'll get some newbies in soon to lighten the load. Teaching's going great though.

Well that's about it from us in Japan. Hope you are all doing well. Would love to hear from you when you get a chance!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Makuuchi boutMakuuchi bout
Makuuchi bout

battle between the high division wrestlers
Karaoke w Jason and SarahKaraoke w Jason and Sarah
Karaoke w Jason and Sarah

Hard Core Singers!!
Jason and SarahJason and Sarah
Jason and Sarah

You guys ROCK!
Meg and CamMeg and Cam
Meg and Cam

A "normal" shot for those at home!!


7th June 2006

Karaoke Rocks!!
No, Meg and Cam rock!! These pics rock too and by the way, I had no idea Fuchinobe had a park that looked like that . . .
8th June 2006

you've totally done japan
Hi there guys just had a squwizz at ya web entries and it was really interesting. You have had the totally Japanese experience, you guys are very lucky, you have done loads of things that we had no time for. Its sooooo great. Well catch ya up soon and update you on the goings on in NZ. Love Terri
16th June 2006

Karaoke rockers!
Please take us to karaoke when we come to visit!

Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb