The last blog.....


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
July 16th 2010
Published: September 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The trip back from Mount Fuji took ages, first we had to get a bus back to the main bus station. Next was a bus to Tokyo, which took 3 hours and seemed even longer as there were three old Japanse people sitting behind us who spent the whole trip shouting at each other and eating (or rather sucking the life out of) their packed lunches. Once in Tokyo we had to get back to our hotel using the subway to pick up our bags to then go back across town to get the train to the airport. All this took around 7 hours and we ended up arriving at the hotel in Narita at about 6pm.

We only booked a hotel here as it was close to the airport so our journey tomorrow would be shorter. Nartia itself is very quaint. There seems to be some sort of festival going on and we take a walk around and see lots of people dressed in traditional cosume.

We decide to try out a traditional restaurant (even thugh there are no pictures on the menu) as the place looks really interesting. As we walk in (and in fact anyone walks in or out) all the waiters and staff stop what they are doing and shout some sort of greeting to us. We are seated around a central square which the chefs are cooking all the food in the middle. Everyones food looks fabulous and the waiter comes to us with an English menu so we even get to order something that we actullay want. The food is great and Shenton orders a large beer which ends up being ther equivalent of about 3 pints!

Well that is the end to Japan and also the end to our trip. Along the way we have had lots of adventures and collected stickers from each location. I have stuck these all on the back of the guitar as a reminder for years to come of all the places we visited on the way.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb