Tokyo Disney Sea


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo
April 22nd 2007
Published: April 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tokyo Disney was loads of fun! Tower of Terror is the ride that has the most hype surrounding it. I was freaking myself out in the queue thinking about the massive free-fall. I'd heard that you move forwards and backwards at the same time as you drop...so I'd imagined something like Space Probe 7 or Tower of Terror back home x 10!

When you first walk into the tower it's set up as an old-fashioned 5 star hotel reception. Then you get escorted into an elevator and strapped in. Unlike the other drops back home you can't see outside so you have no idea how high you are or when the elevator is going to drop. After a few dummy falls, I was anticipating the massive free-fall soon. There were some decent falls and then the elevator door opened. The attendant chick was standing there. I thought it must have been a cool plan to make you think that the ride was over just before the massive drop. It wasn't. The ride was over. It was heaps of fun but nowhere near what I expected after everything I'd heard about it.

The best ride was Journey to the Centre of the Earth. It was like an indoor rollercoaster that finished with a free-fall. I had to go on that a few times! The shows were great too. Probably even more appealing because they were inside out of the weather.

One thing, in hindsight I would've got the fast passes! The queues weren't too bad (probably because it was one of the coldest and windiest days I'd had), but at every queue I was in, everyone with a fast pass skipped straight past me to the front of the line. Frustrating after a while! Remember the fast passes!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Scrooge Scrooge
Scrooge

Whatever happened to DuckTales?
Tower of Terror2Tower of Terror2
Tower of Terror2

Looks fairly menacing...but moreso than the ride!


1st May 2007

Still waiting for the text...did you try the fastest roller coaster (might also be the highest)? Just don't eat!!! HAVE MORE FUN xoxox L.

Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb