Sunday 12th April


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Tokyo » Asakusa
April 23rd 2009
Published: April 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I make my way to Asakusa after the club. It is situated in the North-East part of Tokyo. It is a fair old mission from the area that i am in - which means going, yet again, through fuck-eyed Shinjuku. I am really starting to dislike Shinjuku. It has the worlds biggest train station and it so crammed full of rude people that you just want to SCREAM. Anyway, I arrive in Asakusa around 11am. I take my heavy baggage to the hotel and go to check out the area.

I walk down the street that the hotel is situated and see a group of people all waiting outside a little sushi place and decide to wait with them. I am yet to try sushi in Japan and reckon that if there is a queue half hour before opening then it must be worthy of a munch. You may be wondering why it has taken me over a week of being in Japan before i've tried sushi, well the main reason is that everywhere has looked just like a Yo! Sushi in London so i have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to arise.

On entering the restuarant i am greeted by 3 lovely gentleman - 2 chefs, 1 waiter - and i take a seat close to the magic. The rest' is small and humble. The fish is fresher than i have ever known & the beer is crisp. I am in sushi heaven!...Unfortunately i have not the foggiest idea of the right Japanese for anything and just play the guessing game (point and go for it!). The only thing i have any idea of is the ocotpus & i am not blooding eat that, the bastards!

Afterwards i head off to look around the many shrines, temples and old style village. Asakusa is known for its old-town atmosphere and historic Buddhist temples, it is one of Tokyo's most traditional neighbourhoods. Asakusa is home to the centuries old Kannon Temple, or Sensoji, which is the main attraction of the area. You'd feel immediately at one with the spiritual elements of Asakusa if it wasn't so fuckin packed out with American tourists!

The day burns on and i start to feel tired. It has been 40 hours since my last kip, bearing in mind i have been completely sober, and after checking out all the area - drinking some beers - i head back to the hotel.

Not much more to report apart from the fact i slept like baby!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Samurai SwordsSamurai Swords
Samurai Swords

I want one sooooo bad!


Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb