Beijing to Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
May 28th 2009
Published: May 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a early morning flight so didn't even get breakfast. The line was long for the international flight but a ANA official told us to come with her, which we did. She tried to do a quick check in but when it didn't work she took us over to the premier line and checked us in there. This gave us better seats with lots of leg room. We sat smug as the poor saps filed on to the back of the plane.
We were a little concerned about catching the bullet train to Kyoto out of Tokyo because we'd heard that the train station is very busy with multilevels of tracks and over 3000 trains per day going thru. I asked the guy next to me on the plane and he gave some directions to the JP desk. Then the JP person gave us great directions and had us actually go one stop past Tokyo to catch the bullet train. Thus we avoided the hassles associated with Tokyo.
We checked into our microscopic rooms and went across the street to a local's restaurant where we ordered a dish each. We were still hungry after that so ordered more and more. We have the excuse that we are bulking up for the trip home when we will do without because of the small quantites of airplane food.
For those of you who know me well know that I love to eat. Well never fear, I've eaten my way thru China and am now working on Japan. I have HELL to pay next week as I roll into the gym.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.548s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb