Nara 3/10


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
October 3rd 2008
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Decided to take a day trip out to Nara. When we got off the train one of the first things we saw was the sega world arcade. This was the best arcade I've been in. It had loads of sega arcades and a mario kart arcade. Also the grabby machines had Wii products you could win.

A bit further along the street was a big pond (Sarusawa pond) that was full of turtles/terapins there was also Japans second tallest pagoda, which was almost as impressive as Toji.

The main attraction in Nara is Todai-ji temple. This is the worlds largest wooden building and contains a Budha statue that is something like 15 metres tall. In one of the pillars there is a hole (supposedly the size of the statues nostril) that if you crawl through you gain enlightenment. Unfortanately the hole was only big enough for small children.

All over Nara there are deers that you can go over and stroke or buy food to give them if you really want to.

After a walk around Kasuga-taisha we found the treasure hall where you can view old samurai swords and armour. Also there were 2 massive drums, that apparently are replicas of the most expensive drums in the world.

On the way back we went to mos burger again and Kirsty got a burgerish thing that was meat between rice shaped like bread.

Another great day in Japan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



3rd October 2008

That deer in the pics is gorgeous. You both look to be having a fantastic time. Don't get too drunk on all the free drink. Take care. Mum x
6th October 2008

I'm sure I could fit though that hole... Enligtenment here I come :P

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb