2007 Sapporo Snow Festival - 1


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido » Sapporo
February 12th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post




Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Hikone CastleHikone Castle
Hikone Castle

Hikone Castle (the real thing, that is) was completed in 1607, and still stands next to Lake Biwa. It was designated a Japanese National Treasure in 1952.
Making like an EskimoMaking like an Eskimo
Making like an Eskimo

That'll teach me for asking for a room close to the action...
They let King Kong drive?They let King Kong drive?
They let King Kong drive?

Statues at the Sato-Land site were part of a sculpture contest between groups of Hokkaido senior high school students.
Leap-bearLeap-bear
Leap-bear

Sato-Land statue
ArggghhhhhArggghhhhh
Arggghhhhh

Odori Koen site
Canada - 'Klondike Dancers'Canada - 'Klondike Dancers'
Canada - 'Klondike Dancers'

~~ The 34th International Snow Sculpture Contest (18 teams) was held at the main Odori Koen site. ~~ Klondike Dancers - "A gold miner comes down to Dawson City from his claim in the Klondike Gold Fields. There he meets a bar room girl in one of the famous saloons. They fall in love. They kiss. They dance the night away."
Finland - 'Lord Of The Waters'Finland - 'Lord Of The Waters'
Finland - 'Lord Of The Waters'

"Lord of the waters is guarding his kingdom."
Germany - 'Going Home'Germany - 'Going Home'
Germany - 'Going Home'

"Our sculpture symbolized the first moment of life having passed from one world to the next. In that present moment we have both history and future. We emerge from the sea of life helped by those we love, both behind and ahead."


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 37; qc: 158; dbt: 0.1396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb