2007 Sapporo Snow Festival - 1


Advertisement
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido » Sapporo
February 12th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Hong Kong - 'Dragon In Motion'Hong Kong - 'Dragon In Motion'
Hong Kong - 'Dragon In Motion'

"The vividness of the Dragon dance with its vibrancy of motion and powerful expression truly represents the vitality and passion of Hong Kong."
Thailand - '120 Anniversary of Japan-Thailand Diplomatic Relation 2007'Thailand - '120 Anniversary of Japan-Thailand Diplomatic Relation 2007'
Thailand - '120 Anniversary of Japan-Thailand Diplomatic Relation 2007'

"Japan and Thailand will witness the 120th anniversary of the diplomatic relations on 26 Septemver 2007. The very day Japan and Siam signed the Declaration of amity and commerce in 1887. This snow sculpture is expressive of wishes of two countries further exchange and friendship. The children play the role of "Sumo Wrestling" and "Muay Thai", which are the national sports."
'Welcome to the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic''Welcome to the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic'
'Welcome to the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic'

Stitch and Mickey meet at Disney.
'The Antartic''The Antartic'
'The Antartic'

The Japanese Antartic expedition ship, Soya, and the Sakhalin huskies, Taro and Jiro.
'Chakri Maha Prasat Grand Palace''Chakri Maha Prasat Grand Palace'
'Chakri Maha Prasat Grand Palace'

"2007 is the year to celebrate the 120th anniversary of Japanese-Thai friendship. This sculpture of the royal Grand Palace in Thailand has been built to promote a closer relationship between the two nations. This majestic Palace, a symbol of Thailand, was constructed by King Chulalongkorn the Great (also known as Rama V) and was completed in time to commerate the 1882 centenary of the founding of the Chakri Dynasty. The center of the Palace is dominated by the Chakri Maha Prasat Hall, which today functions exclusively as a reception hall. It consists of an audience hall where the throne is located and two other halls, one on each side.'
'Field of Dreams''Field of Dreams'
'Field of Dreams'

Characters of Hokkaido; "The pitcher, B.B.(Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters mascot), makes the first pitch to the catcher, Dore-kun (Consadole Sapporo mascot)."
'The Making Of........''The Making Of........'
'The Making Of........'

Collecting clean snow from the suburbs of Sapporo.
'The Making Of........''The Making Of........'
'The Making Of........'

Unloading the snow at the Odori Park site in central Sapporo.
'The Making Of....''The Making Of....'
'The Making Of....'

Moving from a rough shape to finer details. ('Welcome to the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic' statue)
'The Making Of....''The Making Of....'
'The Making Of....'

Soon to be completed Mickey and Stitch.
'The Making Of....''The Making Of....'
'The Making Of....'

Working through the night, current temperature -3 degrees.
'The Making Of....''The Making Of....'
'The Making Of....'

The final push to completion. ('Chakri Maha Prasat Grand Palace' statue)



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb