Short update


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
October 14th 2022
Published: October 14th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Things are amazing on Gili Air. We have had a bit of rain in the afternoons with amazing rolling thunder! We have met a few locals and are having dinner with an expat from South Africa tomorrow. We are trying to learn the Indonesian language and it seems to be appreciated. People are amazing, food is amazing, vibe is amazing. We have gone snorkelling a few times, took a cooking class and continue to chill. Really appreciating getting to know more about Gili Air and the people. The motto here is ‘slowly slowly’ and moving through the days like this is so freeing. We have so much stress around us at home. Things are pressured with full calendars, and I am seeing how much of life I am missing by being so fully booked. Hoping to find balance once home to connect more and let go of ‘immediacy’.

I am also appreciating that there are only 4 ways to get around this island, walk, bike, electric scooter or horse and carriage, and I have not missed the sound of traffic at all! another sound 'missing' is that of barking dogs. There are zero dogs on the island. Just cats. You don't really notice it at first but it's is kind of cool.

Every-time we walk around we see something we hadn't noticed before. There is even more re-opening happening and every day there are places being fixed from the earthquake and repairs since COVID. Saw boats being made and repaired. Also found the Flintstone gym.

The colours of the sky at sunset are amazing and everyday the colour and temp of the water draws me in. I have been able to sit and appreciate the prayers being sung over the island 5 times a day from the Mosque and it helps me sit in gratitude and appreciation for what I have and for being here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

he goes by Johnny Credit he goes by Johnny Credit
he goes by Johnny Credit

bc Johnny Cash was taken. He is great. just hopped on my bike with me one day lol


16th October 2022

Absolutely Stunning and Amazing place! Happy belated Anniversary. xo

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.03s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb