Thunderstorms


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Air
October 8th 2022
Published: October 9th 2022
Edit Blog Post

We have decided to stay on Gili Air for another week because we love being able to stop and breathe in the beauty. We have gotten to know a few of the locals and found an amazing and well known warung (restaurant) off the main streets here and it is amazing food! Local and fresh made to order. And cheap. We are living our days with the question, ‘what shall we do next’. Not what’s the plan. Just one moment at a time.

We have watched 2 thunderstorms over Lombok. One in the evening and one midday. It is quite something. We sat under our grass hut on the beach having a snack and beverage and watched the storm clouds move over Lombok. It was such an intriguing thing to see. There was a ring of calm aqua water around our island, like an invisible protective barrier, and then dark blue water with small white caps headed towards Lombok outside of this ring. The clouds were dark only a few km’s away and slowly started to creep down over the rich green mountains and rice fields of Lombok. We could hear the low rumble of thunder and then, as we sat in the shade of the sun still shining on Gili Air, the lightening started to be visible across the way over Lombok. The thunder was louder and rumbled for longer than I have heard before in my life. It is hard to explain this scene, but I could almost hear theme music playing and was waiting to see a pterodactyl fly through the sky. It was beautiful and ominous and fascinating. The pictures don’t really give this moment credit.

I couldn't upload the video so will post on FB and Instagram

Hope you are all well. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you all! We are thankful for you


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Gili Air ShoreGili Air Shore
Gili Air Shore

The lighting for this picture is purely from the lightening over Lombok at night


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb