Gili Trawangan


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
October 7th 2011
Published: October 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

To start the day off Benny brought us breakfast at 5:30am. A little early considering our pickup was schedule for 7:00am. After eating we went back to bed and at 6am we got a knock on our door saying our ride was here. I repeat, WHAT IS WITH INDONESIA ALWAYS BEING EARLY???

In the van I was talking with a couple from Quebec. She buys jewelry and then wholesales it back home. Anyway, later she saw us looking in our Lonely Planet and asked if we needed help with accommodation. We said that’d be great, and it turns out her and her hubby own some bungalows. For 200,000 idr ($22) we are staying a year old bungalow with a big bed and open roof shower, very modern. No air con but it gets pretty cool at night.

First impression of the island, its beautiful! Gorgeous sandy beaches, lots of sitting areas, and the color of the water is so different than anywhere we've ever been. It starts off turquoise at the shore and turns into a deep royal blue further out do to the depth.

After grabbing some lunch at a local eatery we put on our swimmers, piled on SPF 50 and hit the beach. The water all around has coral and great snorkeling opportunities, the only downside were the big waves. Somehow, even with SPF 50 we still turned a little red. It just shows how hot the sun is! In the evening we waked up to the viewpoint to watch and take photos of the sunset.




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

beachbeach
beach

see the difference in the colors?
sunsetsunset
sunset

tried out different settings. this was on cloudy
sunsetsunset
sunset

you can see the tip of the volcano


Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.027s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb