The Bat Cave


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
April 28th 2016
Published: April 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We were all up early this morning for a trip to do some cave tubing at Goa Pindul Cas had heard that there were bats so she decided to sit this one out.
The limestone cave was 1000ft long and filled with stalactite in all sorts of formations. Priest used to use the chambers for meditation and it was believe that touching a particular stalactite would bring strength to a man and a drop of water from a row of little stalactites would bring beauty to a women (Hat got three drops, so she'll be gorge).
We sat in giant car inner tubes and were tied together in a line. Out guide pointed out the names of various rock shapes and the different varieties of bats that hung from the roof in the first two chambers.
The last chamber was a sink hole and natural light came in. We were able to get out and do some jumping in off the rocks.
The ride back to the start was in a small pick up truck that we stood up in and held on tight to the handrails.
We stopped for lunch in a restaurant that was high up on a hill and had great views.
It turned into a fairly long day of travelling by the time we rocked up at hotel Villa XXXX and the kids started causing trouble and they began to get on our nerves... Fortunately, this hotel had a pool and they got rid of lots of energy which settled things down again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb