Yogyakarta (Day Trip to Borobudur)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
September 19th 2008
Published: September 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We caught another train, the trains here are so easy and cheap to travel around.

We had booked our hotel before leaving the last place, so they were there waiting for us. We didnt andventure far, just relaxed and booked a morning trip to Borobudur Temple, which is about an hour away by minivan.

We had a wake up call around 4.30am, with toast and scrambled egg, not good at that time. We arrived at the temple as the sun was coming up, but it was quite cloudy but the temperature was lovely, so much cooler than if we had come later inthe day. We are really templed out though, but it was still nice to see and the views around it were pretty good.

We were back at the hotel by 10am and it felt like we had already done a full days sight seeing. Had a walk around the city main shopping street, if you can call it that then caught a cyclo back to the hotel.

Yogyakarta was hit by a earthquake in May 06 (6.3magnitude) and killed 5.300 people. This city has a population of 450.000 people and was founded in 1755, the Dutch occupied Yogya in 1948.

We leave tomorrow for Gunung Bromo(Volcano) for a really eary hike upwards for sunrise, we leave at 03.30am then after breakfast on to Bali.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Mendut TempleMendut Temple
Mendut Temple

near Borobudur Temple


Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 19; qc: 66; dbt: 0.087s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb