4 Days Bali, Indonesia


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
April 25th 2012
Published: April 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I was in Bali last 14-17 April 2012 and I travel with my friend via Air Asia coming from Singapore.

The weather was extremely hot and at times drizzling. But still, me and my friend has enjoyed the 4 days and 3 nights in Bali.

I have written down my experiences in Bali in a detailed day by day activities. I hope it could help you in small ways when you visit Bali. Some photos for you to see as well.



Bali



Day 1: The Free and Easy

Upon arrival in Ngurai Rah Denpasar International Airport you will be greeted by a very nice Balinese architecture from the entrance to the interior.

We arrived in our hotel Fave Seminyak pass 12 in the afternoon, so were really hungry. After we checked in we decided to take a little walk in front of our hotel to take a lunch. Our lunch is one of the typical western with an asian twist taste. I had sweet and sour shrimp with rice while my friend ordered fried chicken with fries.

About 10 minutes from our hotel is the nearest beach, sorry I’m really not sure about the name of the beach but based on the googlemap it is part of the Bali sea. It wasn’t as fantastic as I imagined it, but it offers a good view and relaxing mood. It’s a surfers place actually, along the shore many surfing gear are for rent.

I forgot to mentioned that our ticket to Bali is actually an online deal from streetdeal.sg with only 1/2 day fix itinerary, hotel and air ticket. So on our way back we decided to looked for a tour package, we stopped on a tourist booth near the hotel that offers different packages around Bali. Our eyes were fixed about the sea walker, yes it sounds interesting. It’s my first time to know about it although I have seen photos of that, I am not really sure what was that thing called. So moving on we decided to take that package at US$75 per person. The package includes sea walker, photo (very important), snorkelling, sea kayaking or cycling and a buffet lunch for a whole day activity (not bad right?).

Time flies it is almost dinnertime, so we just went back to our hotel to clean up and gear up for dinner. For our first night in Bali, we decided to try some local dish. We went to this restaurant called Warung Mimpi Indonesian Cooking, don't ask me what’s Warung Mimpi means ‘coz I didn't bother to know. My friend and I ordered “nasi goreng ayam" (chicken fried rice) in Satay style with fresh fruit juices, which turn out to be so sweet. I am a sweet tooth person, so I like how the fresh juice taste.

We wrap up our first night by experiencing the balinese massage in the comfort of our room, how good is that! it really helps soothes our tired body.



Day 2: Ubud and Tampak Siring Tours

Our day 2 preparation is quite fast, our travel agent in Singapore told us that the tour was in the afternoon so our mind is set that our morning is just another free and easy. However, surprise surprise! at 7:45am we have received a notice that our tour is changed to 9am, yes! we were really surprise. Right there and then we rushed up for a bath and breakfast, since our friendly tour guide Surya has arrived earlier than 9am. The good thing is that we are having a private tour so Surya patiently waited for us to complete our breakfast. We’ll he got no choice anyway, they give us a short notice.

We are having a land tour around Ubud and Tampak Siring. Our first stop is at Batubulan where the famous Batik and weaving is located. We have a quick look, picture taking and very short shopping at Sari Amerta. Quite a tourist spot, many groups were there to see the famous batik. However, it is not really like what I imagined it, like going to a local balinese style house and the auntie will offer you a drink while you watch them weave and ink their fabric. We’ll anyway, it is still worth watching for educational purposes.

Second stop is at Sukawati where woodcarving is famous. We have a quick stop as well for some souvenir like pictures and some woodcarvings at Wisnu Bali. This shop is inside a family lot or what we usually called in Philippines “compound” with typical Balinese ancestral houses, small temples and altar. We had a quick peek of the houses where Surya has explained why they live together. Just like in the Philippines and in many asian and not asian countries as well, usually the male or the son are the heir of the land. So in Bali once the son marries, the family will build or give the house to them inside their lot until next generation of son will inherit the same house and lot. I guess your generation to inherit the land will only stop if you don't have any son. One thing we also learned why they have many altars or temples especially if you have a large lot is that each temple or altar is not just for their gods but it also symbolises their departed love ones. It is where they pray for them and for their family.

Moving on, our third stop is at Gunung Kawi Holy Spring Temple in Tampak Siring. It is a hindu temple where it has 3-core temple as I remember for what Surya said, the outer core, inner core and the place of holy. This temple is not too big to explore though, but you can still visit to enjoy the good scenery.

Our fourth stop is at Bali Pulina which is a plantation of herbs, spices and coffee they are also known for the Kopi Luwak (civet coffee) which comes from the feces of a civet or toddycats. Behind the Bali Pulina is a great view of rice terraces that is overlooking from their coffee shop. You will enjoy free tasting of their tea and coffee in different flavours with complimentary fried shredded potatoes. If you are a coffee adventurous you can try a cup of their civet coffee at 12USD. Not sure if the price is still the same now.

Our fifth stop and not so last stop for our land tour is at the Monkey Forest where the monkeys are very friendly and very hungry. On the entrance it says that you need to pay 20,000 rupiah however with our tour guide we only paid 10,000 rupiah. You just have to ask your guide to bargain. Since it is a forest it is quite a big place to explore, anyway apart from the monkeys you will also find old dull and tall trees, all over Bali there are many temples and of course this place is not an excuse to have more than one.

Before heading back to our hotel we decided to take a lunch at Ubi Oka, which is famous for the Bali roasted suckling pig. This dish is a “must try” when visiting Bali and Ubi Oka is one of the best stop to try it.

The day hasn’t end yet so at sunset we went to the beach near our hotel and of course what to do but to swim. If you’re not a good swimmer I suggest you stay near the shore because the wave is quite high, really good for surfers.

For our second night went to this bar and restaurant named La Plantsa, in funny tagalog english translation “let’s iron”. Well La Plantsa is actually a spanish beach bar and restaurant. They have colourful beanbags laying on the shore with colourful spanish umbrellas and neon changing coloured tables. We had some sort of seafood platter with rice and calamari for dinner. Since this is also a bar we also ordered for some hard drinks and beer before heading back to our hotel. Just a caution, bring flashlights the road from this restaurant to the main road does not have any street lamps or street lights. So be very careful, don't drink and walk on this road. Surely you will bumped on the wall.



Day 3: Bali Marine Walk

This is the day of the much awaited sea walker tour. We were picked up in the hotel at around 8am and we were sent to Benoa Harbour to take a ferryboat going to Nusa Lembongan. For a great view we decided to to seated at the roof since it’s not that hot, after all it is still morning.

The travel takes about more than an hour to Lembongan sea, first thing we did was the sea walker, and it’s my first time to experience it so I’m curious and excited. The weights are quite heavy as well as the helmet. Below the seabed that I’m guessing 10 meters deep you’ll be surrounded by different fish roaming around you as you squeeze the food, oh yeah you will be given each a 10 ounce size disposable bottle full of feeds. You’ll stay underwater for about 15-20 minutes so wear your best smile and pose so they can capture it for a souvenir.

After the sea walker you will be provided with a goggles and fins for snorkelling. If your not a fan of snorkelling then you can stay on the boat instead. But we love underwater so we choose the snorkelling, it wasn't so fantastic because most of the corals if not damage are no longer inhabited, well I guess because it’s a tourist spot so many may have walk through it and it somehow threatens and kills the marine life, quite a sad truth.

After that, we cruise to the shore of Lembongan where we had our buffet lunch. The food is just a typical asian dishes, the taste is just okay. After the lunch you can cycle or kayak. But there are only few units, so first come first serve, since we were on a big group we just decided to take a swim before doing the sea kayaking.

The tour finishes at 2pm then we travel back to Benoa then head back to our hotel. We rested for a couple of hours before going out for a dinner. This time we decided to take a walk towards the main road. We end up stopping to an Italian coffee house named Cafi Moka. We ordered seafood marinara and beef stew with mushed potatoes. This time since it’s a coffee house we also ordered for some coffee.

The night is still young for us, so we had a couple of beers, tequila and vodka in our hotel called Lime Bar. We didn't dare to go bar hopping since we don't have any guys accompanying us. But around Seminyak there are plenty of night spots including gay bars.



Day 4: Last day in Bali

Rise and shine, since it’s our last day and we don’t have anything to do. We decided to do some shopping. Unfortunately there are only few souvenir stores in Seminyak. But there are plenty of boutique shops. So whatever souvenir items we see we bought even though the price is quite high.

We had our lunch in the hotel and we ordered beef rendang and some fresh fruits juices. The juice wasn't as sweet as the Warung Mimpi’s fruit juice but it's okay.

We were picked up around 2:30pm, we had some coffee before checking in. Take note for departing tourist you need to pay 25USD airport tax, so make sure to set aside that amount.

We arrived in Singapore safe and sound around 8:08pm.



I hope sharing this experience in Bali would help you plan your trip and I hope you had a great time reading this. Thanks!

Advertisement



15th May 2012

Bali is Heaven
I liked to read your story, when you need to visit Bali next time, you can ask help about villa rental at www.heavenbalivillas.com they can help your accommodation.

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0829s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb