Bali so far...


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
December 31st 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bali is beautiful very different from what we've seen so far in Asia. It's much more of a holiday destination,I think by the end of this me and Hiral will def be missing the other backpackers!
Apart from lounging by the pool and on the beach we have taken a couple of tours. The tours here are pretty cool as you get your own driver and tour guide so you avoid the horrible tour bus!! On our first tour we went snorkelling,it's the first time I've been and I won't lie,when they dropped us off in the middle of the ocean I did get just a little bit scared,it was pretty choppy. We put our gear on and with hirals help we did it. It was pretty cool,there werent too many fish about but it was still very pretty. A diver passed beneath me,that was a bit weird. Afterward we took a glass bottom boat to turtle island where we not only got to hold and feed the turtles but we were allowed to get in the water with them. So cute! We saw eagles,bats,toucans,snakes and giant lizards. We then got the boat back to dreamland beach where our driver was waiting. He took us to a temple on a cliff edge which was swarming with monkeys,one of them tried to pull my flip flops off! The temple was magical,the surroundings were amazing. He then took us to jimbaran bay where we had a seafood meal on the beach at sunset. Def a highlight.

We spent the next day on another tour. Our tour guide was insane,he even wrote us a song. In the morning we went to watch a traditional Balinese show with music and dancing. After that we went into Ubud and the surrounding art villages where we bought handbags and saw how the local jewellery and wood carvings are made. We also went to the spice garden where we got to try different local coffee,tea,chocolate and fruit. My favourite was the ginseng coffee and Hiral liked the hot choc 😊 we were then taken to the waterfall,so peaceful. We then got back into our car and made our way uphill to the volcano where we stopped for lunch. The volcano was amazing,a real highlight for me,I've ALWAYS wanted to see one up close. Lunch was yummy and the volcano backdrop just awesome! After lunch we visited a few temples then went to see a fire dance show in the evening,followed by a lush 3 course meal in a beach restaurant. Long day but worth it. Next stop- New Years Eve!!!

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0727s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb