Plane Tired


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
December 30th 2007
Published: December 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We left my sisters to catch a plane from Brisbane at 23.45. As per normal muggins couldn't sleep. The others managed to get a few hours each. We arrived in Singapore early, 4.45 am and then sorted out some of our fly miles with Singapore air. I also needed to get some US dollars for the entry visas. I was trying to lie down to get some sleep when the gate for the plane opened. We got on the plane. I was trying to watch a film called "Stardust" which I had watched half of on the first flight. I didn't manage to watch all of it but will definately be watching it again. Fantastic film.
We arrived and hadn't been given a boarding card on the plane. We were blissfully unaware that we needed one. We queued for 20 minutes surrounded by russians. We got the visa put in the passports then moved on to the next bit. We were then told to go and fill in the cards that we hadn't got. Oh well at least the huge queue that was there had dissapeared.
We came out to get baggage and stuff and were accosted by "porters" trying to carry bags. I hadn't slept for over 24 hours and the thought of someone else carrying our two bags weighing 43kg's was very tempting. We had no Rupiah so decided not to. It seemed to my sleep deprived brain that everyone was trying to steal our bags, they were just trying to make a few Rupiah by carrying them for us.
Our friend was waiting outside to get us in a taxi. He has very kidly sorted us out with a car, for less than 4 pounds a day, and a two bedroom house with a pool. There is even a resident cat that the girls have fallen in love with. How cool is that!!!
I went to the ATM later in the day and came out chuffed that I was a multi millionaire.
We went to the cafe for our tea. Unfortunately it was dark when we came out and we got a bit lost. We knew we were on the right road but couldn't find the turn off to our house.
Driving is an experience. We have a little suzuki jeep and not a lot works very well and no seat belts, but the fastest I have been is 35 kmh so It don't really matter. There are litlle moped things all over the place with up to 4 people on. It is very hectic.
Well after a decent nights sleep we are sitting having our breakfast in our little cafe and all is well with the world.
Will add some photo's on next blog. Not really sure where we are on the island but it was a 30 minute drive from the airport and it is called Kerobokan. On the map we have there are at least two of them, ho hum.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb