Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So - as KL turned into crap, i booked on the next available flight to Bali! which was the morning of 13th, i booked into another dorm for the night and got my flight to bali the next morning.

Rob picked me up from the airport and took me straight for a beer and then a massage which he treated me to - what a star!

i dropped my things at his place, we checked michelle's place but it was full so im staying at robs which is a really nice place and he has friends staying all round in the same apartments. ian came down to our room and we had a whiskey for the road, then we had dinner and drank capriosas or whatever they're called, and then went and met michelle and her friends in the Engine room bar, we danced and played pool and twas fun. then me and rob and ian went to sky bar and had drinks and a wee dance on a sofa! then me and rob went to kuta beach and got beer from the shop and had a beer on the beach and looked at stars and sea and rambled on a bit, haha. brilliant, think we got home around 5am or something. hazy!

14th met up with michelle, laurie and her other friends on the beach in the afternoon, and sat on the beach for a couple of hours. then rob came and we went back to the room for a snooze as we were both pooped from the late night. met up with michelle, her boyfriend, laurie and a couple of others for dinner at the restaurant on poppies 1 that me and Taavi had gone to. had a tuna steak which was great, then we all went to engine rooms to play pool, then another place which i cant remember the name of, and spencer joined us - robs mate, he was on a mission to drink and achieved his mission admirably, also another mate of robs came whose name i dont recall! when we went home, me and rob watched a couple of episodes of the office, which made me chuckle. pub quiz - who was the cuban leader during (whenever the date was)? - (David brent)- Fray
Bentos. i could not stop laughing at that one.

15th went to a place called Bingin on the bikes, along the coast about 45 mins, with Ian, Brian (another of Rob's friends) and a lovely couple called Cynthia and Granpo (half greek half swiss!). Bingin has surf and Granpo had a waterproof video camera that he wanted to put on rob's surf board and take some footage. they taped it on and then the blokes all went for a surf. rob offered me a surf lesson but i was too lazy that day and me and cynthia stayed in the restaurant overlooking the sea and chatted and watched.
they came back, we looked at the film and all sat around for the rest of the afternoon til about 6ish. really good day. then we drove back on the bikes and showered, and then met for dinner at G's - michelle's mate's restaurant that we ate at last time. G's parents are over from yorkshire and we all drank far too many drinks, i had a G&T or 6 and we had a really cool evening. me and rob were planning to have a quiet one to recuperate and watch a dvd but this didnt come off as we got bladdered in the bar instead. we did watch the office when we got back tho. more chuckles.

16th i slept in while rob met his mates who are over from oz for breakfast. going off for a toddle, internet and shop and then back..................




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



16th September 2008

surfing
why are there no pics of boys surfing eh? eh?! :) looks like great fun I want drink in a jar tooooo :) x
16th September 2008

have fun estelle and look forward to seeing you in october in pangers!!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb