Back to Kuta


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
October 22nd 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

With only 2 weeks left of travelling....we decided to head back down to south Bali and start accumulating some new clothes and stuff for our move to Oz.

We headed down to Sanur, after a recommendation from people we met in the Gili islands, and ended up in this weird homestay lodge. Instead of the usual room and bathroom, we had a room and open air bathroom/kitchen..........which was kinda cool as we could abuse the local supermarket and have a more normal life for a while. Sanur as a place was a bit of a non event........full of tourists and swanky hotels so we left after just 3 days to sample the delights of Kuta once again.

We arrived back at the cheap hotel we’d been staying in before (8 quid for a decent room, pool, and breakfast!) and just felt like it had loads more happening than Sanur. For the remaining 10 days of our trip we hit all of the malls several times trying to find stuff that we could be seen outside in........lots of it was rubbish, and we even contemplated flying back to KL (well Bex shot that sugestion down!!). After just a few days
Teaching the locals some english!!Teaching the locals some english!!Teaching the locals some english!!

Truckloads of schoolkids flock to the beach at around 3pm to ask all the holidayers questions and so practice there english.
we had both acquired loadsa new stuff and started feeling more positive about living in Sydney in just a few days time.

When we werent shopping we spent most of our time down the beach, and caught up with Paul and Kirsty who we’d met in malaysia. We did try to get back into surfing - every day we went down with the intention to surf the waves were too big and the only people out there were the truely crazy locals!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb