trains and buses and buses and trains


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India
April 24th 2008
Published: April 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Left Kudle beach (Karnataka) yesterday after 19 days of sheer bliss, it was beautiful there but was getting too hot. We had a few mad parties there more details when I get back. We (Michelle an english girl) left early by tuctuc to the railway station, the road from the guest house was so rocky it was like being in a tincan loose in the back of a car boot. I swear I am bruised all over from it. our train was delayed by 1hour 15 mins, it was so hot hanging around the station with nothing to do. We were continuously hassled by children for money. The train was packed when it arrived, I had 3 bags to carry and look after so getting on the train was a big deal not to mention the fact there were No Seats! We then had to change train in Margoa another hour and half delay, then slow train all the way to Trivan which was fine as scenery is amazing except for the heat of course. We then had to take 2 buses. Finally arrived back in Chapora which is a bit mad because its so quite its end of season, and there are no parties since the death of Scarlet, all bars have at 11pm curfew. Going to my favourite bar Kumars on the beach just now, it closed yesterday but I met the owner guy last night who said they are packing everything up and come down and drink the beer stock thats left, so I am going to meet a few people and go soon.
Flying to Jaipur on Sunday afternoon will stay there for a few days then off to Puskar for about week then Rishakesh.
Tempetures are 32-35 degrees and rising, it is so humid I am just sweating buckets hopefully there will be a bit of a breeze on the beach. Varanasi has hit 43 degrees totally unbearable so I will give it a miss until my next trip.
Hope everyone is well and please keep emails coming,
lots of love gxxx


Advertisement



Tot: 0.451s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb