5 days before departure to India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Lucknow
October 21st 2009
Published: October 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi, I'm checking how this blog is functioning, being a semi-techo-illiterate, I'm oblivious to techno-obviousness :-)
I'm have been trying to get a facebookpage online and I'm not really sure if it actually is online...
My intention is to import a little bit of Belgian surrealism into Lucknow, Northern India - a city I have chosen to further Study Hindi and Urdu through an internship, private coursework and immersion into the social and cultural life of lucknow. This city, although attractive in itself, doesn't seem to attract a lot of visitors except those studying Urdu.

Surreal is the fact that almost all students are Americans...

Lucknow has a kind of "past glory" ambiance and although there're some 3 million people living in Lucknow, it's a actually a very relaxed city with parcs, trees and beatifull mosks. Most important of all things is that Lucknavis speak clear Hindi/Urdu - contrary to some other areas where all kinds of dialects seem to have been invented to disturb all progress made by passionate Hindi-students.

And last but certainly not least: it is the Kebab Capital of India!!! Check this out:


Anyone who wants to talk about food and psychoanalysis, the thin membrane between fiction and facts and other trivialities, fire off!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0405s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb