A tear drop on the cheeks of time


Advertisement
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
February 24th 2012
Published: February 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was only the steep staircases of China’s Great Wall that left me feeling breathless. Though Ankgor Wat was stunning its structural beauty was less impacting than I imagined it would be. The many temples of Bagan, though a feat of engineering, astonishing in size and scope, did not excite me to the same enormity. That is because none posses the same brand of majesty as does the magnificent Taj... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




28th February 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

I've yet to see a finer picture of the Taj...
If this be an original idea, it is phenomenal.
28th February 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

Thanks so much!
Quite the compliment! :) If I'm allowed to say so I was quite pleased with it. The Taj is so well photographed we set out to be quite inventive with our angles. Technically, we don't know much about photography, but we're trying! Thanks once again Jason.
28th February 2012

Brings back memories!
Wow, what amazing pictures...you definitely were inventive with your angles and feel proud of those photos, they are brilliant! Your blog brings back some nice memories of India, especially the rooftop view of the Taj, drinking some lovely hot chai and eating Cadbury's chocolate eclair sweets (be careful if you have them you will get addicted as they go so well with the chai!). Looking forward to your next blog.
28th February 2012

Eclair Addiction...
Thanks for the kind words. I am seriously addcted to eclairs...we bought a bag of 55 the other day and Amy literally got 3. I hadn't had them in ages...one of the good things about India is the home comforts!
28th February 2012

I love these photos!!! They are so beautiful.
28th February 2012

Thanks
Thanks Jess.
28th February 2012

Beautiful writing there (Amy?)
I couldn't help but think of Aladdin.hahahah. These photos are simply stunning. Good job guys!
28th February 2012

Your poetry and pictures almost made me change my mind about not wanting to visit India again...
if only I could obseve all of India as you did with "Many hours pass(ing) for us as we observed both the Taj and Agra from this lofty vantage point." I watch as many movies (recently revisited "Voyage to India) and TV programs as I can about India; and I enjoyed Karl Pilkington's observations when watching his series the Idiot Abroad: Seven Modern Wonders of the World." I am currently watching his "Bucket List" series. Should I return to India, it will likely be within the cocoon of a package tour, with air conditioned bus and at least four star hotels...unfortunately. Fortunately I can still enjoy Indian food where I live!
28th February 2012

Agra and the Taj
Hi guys, Just need to send you a note to agree with everyone else that your photos are absolutely amazing! Each photo is inspiration for us to get to India :) Safe travels. Nate and Jessie
29th February 2012

Thanks guys
We'd love to say its all talent you know, but the Taj is just insanely photogenic.
29th February 2012

The Finest Building in the World
Thank you so much for these wonderful descriptions and photographs of this remarkable building. I was so transfixed during my visit that I remained in the grounds from dawn to dusk one day (with no food). If you are able, try to avail yourself of the night visits that are held on the night of the full moon and two evenings either side (but not on Fridays) - it is a phenomenal experience and will bring even more tears to your eyes.
29th February 2012

Knew we'd missed out!
We really wanted to do the full moon at the Taj but it didn't fit with our timing. However, we go back into Delhi after Nepal so we might try to squeeze it in.
29th February 2012

Photos
Your photos are beautiful....
29th February 2012

I must agree with everyone else, these are really stunning pictures! looking forward to more.
29th February 2012

What have you done?
Wow, you really have captured some amazing images. Loving the blog, especially the reference from Karl...I'm pretty sure he's a genius in idiot clothing.
7th March 2012

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
Thank you :) Got to love Karl!
29th February 2012

The Taj
Brilliant Blossom x but I can't help thinking about listening to you and Chris howling laughing watching Karl Pilkington in Sapa after reading that . I wouldn't swap that for the Taj Mahal xxx
1st March 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

What an amazing photo!
I've taken a few reflection photos but yours is superb.
7th March 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

:)
Thank you very much Sarah.
2nd March 2012

KEEP THE TEARS ROLLING
My late father and recently my daughter...describe the Taj Mahal as the most beautiful building they have ever seen. You say when viewing the Taj..."ambushed by a swelling sensation in my throat which leads to the prickle and threat of tears in my eyes despite experiencing no feelings of sadness"...fantastic that you can have an appropriate response when surveying pure beauty...many can't...your response explains the images you captured...keep the tears rolling.
22nd March 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

superb!
i have been longing to visit Taj Mahal too. nice photo. keep it up you guys!
11th April 2012
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

Stunning pic
No more words for this pic... just stunning.
14th March 2013
Perfect Reflection of the Taj Mahal

Different take on the Taj Mahal
I love this photo! Usually it is just a typical shot looking over the water to the Taj Mahal, but this one captures it in a different light and view with textures visible. Great one!
26th June 2015
Taj Mahal

Incredible photography!
I really enjoyed your blog.
26th June 2015
Taj Mahal

Incredible photography!
I really enjoyed your blog.
26th June 2015
Taj Mahal

Incredible photography!
I really enjoyed your blog.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 20; qc: 37; dbt: 0.0693s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb