Delhi baby


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Uttar Pradesh » Agra
October 13th 2011
Published: October 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So arriving in Delhi we straight away realized that we were back in a city. The air was full of dirt and there were far too many people everywhere – trying to get you to go to their shop or ask you for a hand shake – I really couldn’t be bothered with this again really!!!
Walking out the train station, many people found us that had hotels and places for us to stay! Each one flashed us with their own cards and then more and more different cards came out their pockets so Leah just took them all and said we wouldn’t be going to any of these – they soon stopped asking us and actually said to her to give them the cards back. We went into about 5 places and all were pretty much as rubbish as the other one but apart from the price changing (650 to 350 rups) we just opted for the cheap option with a tv and a squat toilet!!!! J
There are sooo many shops here that its unbelievable the amount of stuff that’s in them is mind blowing! Full warehouses full of all different bangles and sheets that I am sure will find its way home to the UK market and by the time we get home they will be in all the shops.
We went to the National Museum which was interesting and had some fantastic sculptures in which was a little disappointing as well as we have been to the actual temples where these have come from and they would have looked much better in their original state and in the correct place - but that seems to be the Indian way!!!!
It is just so busy here all the time and there seemed to be some kind of Indian festival (another one) which was to do with the wives and their husbonds - every one that we spoke to gave a different reason for this so we still don't know what its all about really!!!!

We boarded the train to find another 4 Weston people sitting in the same seats as us so we have a good old talk with them and they were all going to varanasi as well so it was a little bit of relief that we could all watch out for each other regarding bags ect. The guard on the train made us sign a form which read all about the trouble that the Delhi to Varanasi had had and for our own safety it was better to keep all the windows closed and not to accept anything from anyone or tell them any plans (not that i was really going to do that)!!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0979s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb