The cow ate all the street rubbish


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 5th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Jodhpur after and ok bus ride to then jump into an auto ric-sure to be assured that the driver knew where we wanted to go! After haggling with the price and then him literally driving to the totally wrong part of town to where he knew “Yogi’s” hostel to be, we had to stop and ask for directions from some other bloke that spoke less English than the driver – we finally made it to where we asked! The place was really nice – set on 4 floors and decorated in a kind of hip and old mix Indian style, the room was large enough and with an on suite – was perfect.
The town is a little dirty and seems to have a large amount of cows eating everything that they are able to find - which there is a lot of rubbish just waiting around to be eaten – and they sell the most random amount of what can only be described as useless shit items. Like stuff the charity shop doesn’t want and has to take to the dump! But I did manage to find a nice place that does a quality omelet for about 50 pence and did fill the spot.
The fort on the hill here is one of the best I have ever seen and the long walk up was well worth it. The 300 rups provided and audio guide speaker thing that talks to you as you walk around telling you all different facts and tales of the gate or room that you are standing in. I have to say that I normally don’t like this sort of thing but it was interesting and as we were able to take the “tour” at our own pace, the experience seemed much better than expected.
We are now planning our route out of here for tmoz morning to go to Pushkar. Let’s hope the 5 hrs bus ride is as good as the last one!!! 


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb