Trailmix and bugs


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Vellore
January 25th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok so first things first...I am on my way to the computer lab and a guy stops me. He is speaking perfect English but I am just looking at him not understanding what he was saying. He kept repeating, but because of his tone of voice, I couldn't grasp what it was he was trying to tell me (I thought he was trying to ask me directions and couldn't understand why someone would stop the only very obviously foreign person). Turns out he was saying "there is an insect on your head". ok if i stopped someone to tell them that, it may have been more like "THERE IS AN INSECT ON YOUR HEAD" while squatting it away. He was so cool, calm and collected that I just didn't quite get it. He then very nicely picked it out and threw it on the ground. ew. why was there an insect on my head????

sorry, had to share that before i could delve further into the zillions of crazy details that is my current life! hmmm...yesterday was a major day for me-kim-the talker. i got a cell phone! yay!! i now have much easier contact with the world! don't be surprised if any of you get a call...although it is still tough because of the major time difference. I got to talk to the parentals this morning on the way to breakfast but i am not much of a talker in the morning (shocking i know). katie knows this very well-at my former life at the SilberChan B&B, we hardly can acknowledge each other's existance when we are both getting ready for work. blurting out "good morning"is about as much as can be handled.

I had the best compliment today. Last night in class-I taught the hand, wrist and forearm. We had a few miracles, fixing therapist hand problems that have existed for years and years. Everyone is super impressed and I will have to send them a bill (hee hee!). Today the professors in the program told me that this has been the most useful course they have had from the volunteers. I didn't invent the topic, but still that made me happy!

I almost had some getting hit by cars and motorcycle episodes the other day. I think I forgot topay attention while crossing the street. I will try and be more careful from now on. or atleast run faster. I have vowed to not talk on my call while walking. that should be illegal.

Some other interesting things....did you know that trail mix is an American thing? I was shocked. One day, one of the German girls had a chocolate craving (made me like her instantly). I told her I had m&m's that could be picked out of my trail mix. I brought it over and everyone was amazed!!! They had never seen such a thing! I mean they really examined every thing in it and thought it was brilliant! I now believe we take trail mix for granted. so next time you pull out some chex mix (or even make your own), say the "pledge of allegiance" and enjoy your sweet and savory snacktime goodness!

OK-so this weekend Iam thinking I am going to stick around Vellore. I have not been to the fort or the golden temple and think its time. I have also heard about some good hiking. I only have one week left and figured I should make use of that time. Next week is going to be crazy fitting things in...going to an orphanage monday night after work, trying to visit the rehab hospital tuesday, going to a village all day wednesday and then head out to bangalore on friday to fly to goa on saturday to begin my yoga course. crazy! alright thats all for now!!!

hugs and curry, kim

Advertisement



25th January 2008

uhhhh ok i'll clean it up?
@$#%^ you
25th January 2008

insect boohoo
Insects are not good but you know what would be worse...I won't even say the word...I watched a movie the other night that showed parts of India and I saw the rickshaws and cows in the road...normally I wouldn't pay so much attention to that but since you are there it was cool...I love reading your blogs!! Love, Aunt Debbie
25th January 2008

You are killing us!
You are a natural comedian...my coworkers are now requesting blog updates! By the way, Mom got MRSA! YIKES! She got cut by a rose bush and of course thought nothing of it while I am yelling at her everyday to go to the doctor because of the giant infection..so she finally goes when she can't stand the pain anymore and the doc told her she could have needed an amputation! Oh my mother!!!
27th January 2008

Yo go girl!
You are definitely doing your thing over there girl! It sounds like your work is quite impressive. You might just be the miracle worker physical therapist who fixes my foot! I'll have to consult with you when you get back :O) Keep having awesome adventures!
16th March 2008

Win Dough
Maybe "you have an insect on your head" is one of those phrases that used to crack us up because they could mean a couple of things. Window - Win Dough...Insect on your head...Infections make you dead??? I don't know - I'll keep thinking...

Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.3361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb