Mamallapuram


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Mamallapuram
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BeachBeachBeach

Tranquil setting
Dedicated to Jaspreet Laly - RIP!!

Mamallapuram is 60 km south of Chennai, and offers tourist attractions with exotic beaches, as well as the famous historic temples. Navtej's increasing knowledge of Chennai ensures that no attractions will be missed out.
The journey on East Coast Road had an aire of tranquility personified throughout. The Bay of Bengal was on our left, thus providing exceptional sights, also the road itself had a gracious presence in this peaceful setting. The journey lasted for 1 hour by car with the fitting music of Moby in the background.

Upon arrival, the Pharangees were at large. This location boasts wonderful stone carvings embellished on the granite temples, making this a guaranteed haven for tourists. The Shore Temple is the most impressive artefact and has stood for almost 1400 years.

We had a guide who enthusiastically showed us the various temples whilst pounding a continued spectrum of historical facts. His detailed knowledge provided some much useful information on the site, but my excitement soon began to dwindle with lunch nearing ever closer... Both me, and Navtej, then contemplated the next move...

The GRT Temple Bay became the port of call. Wow. Amazing! This
Shore TempleShore TempleShore Temple

Very detailed stone carvings...a true archaeological phenomenon!
place is an ideal place of stay for any budding holidayers; The backdrop of the Bay of Bengal, the plot-based villas, the pool strategically balanced against the ocean's horizon and the Goa/Carribean theme of life...this beautiful resort seemed so far from the melee of Chennai.
The exquisite meals were enjoyed from the GRT outdoor restaurant with the stunning beach located in front... A truly exotic lunch was had, and the backdrop was certainly easy on the eye!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Rock balancing on hillRock balancing on hill
Rock balancing on hill

All to do with specific placement relating to the centre of gravity. The british attempted to move the rock with 7 elephants...and failed.


Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0901s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb