The Indian Cinematic Experience


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Chennai
March 18th 2007
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Dedicated to Jaspreet Laly - RIP!!

Bollywood manages to churn out many movies per annum, with audiences around the world massing to billions. The cinema experience in India therefore becomes a logical outing to pursue.

Navtej had booked the tickets through two work colleagues, who also joined us to watch the film "Hatrick". This basically has a cricketing themed storyline, thus guaranteeing it box office success in India. The cricket frenzied ensemble of indian fans adore anything and everything that relates to the respective game.

The gathering of people outside the 14 screen complex truly reflected how popular hindi films are. There was an organised circus of film hungry enthusiasts anticipating the next film showing, whilst the meeting and greating of undoubted familiar faces ensued on this social night out.

Screen 1 was our location, and screen 1 didn't disappoint. This grand theatre had personal seats stitched in leather with a collection of gadgets available at the viewers disposal. Comfort is definitely something that became evident with regards to the cinema experience, including an example where food is delivered personally to the seated viewer.

The film showing itself involves a more interactive crowd, unfortunately the latest
CinemaCinemaCinema

General hustle and bustle before main show
mobile ring tones also appear to be on show for the audience.
It was a shame the film couldn't live up to the cinema venue in terms of depth and production. However, it did sporadically supply moments of laughter throughout...an entertaining evening out!



Advertisement



25th March 2007

The Kingfisher boys seem to be having good time.........

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb