sweat, serenity, sleeplessness


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Tamil Nadu » Auroville
July 11th 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

so i keep meaning to write but i have really slipped into a doing nothing space. when i say doing nothing i mean doing NOTHING. sitting, and watching people, playing with children, conversing with people and finding out their stories. i am not even doing much walking around.. its just so hot and i have become so lazy. i wish i could ride a motorbike or a moped but im not sure that it is a good idea. im considering renting a bicycle but i am too lazy to peddle. im todl they have electric bicycles. that sounds like my cup of tea. i want to go to yoga but its like a few kilometres away so i have just been trying to get back into my own practice. forget bikram yoga. just come to india. you are like so so sweaty the whole time here. like while youre in the showe you are sweating. its pretty much a counter productive activity. i keep sticking on bindis and losing them because they just slide off into the abyss.
i havenrt been able to sleep very well because it is actually too hot to fall asleep even if you have a cold showe adn then lie down wet and have the fan blowing straight on you it is actually still too hot. im not complaining. this is an exercise in acceptance and mindfulness and i need to train my mind more because i want to run it; not be run by it.
i would love to post some photos but i need to organise an adaptor so it wil have to wait at leat until tomorrow. believe me when i tell you that this place is sensationally beatuiful and that my dodgy camera will not serve justice to the pristine surroundings. pristine is probably the wrong wrong word. it is a lie to say that things are clean becuase it is far from it. but strangely, here in india, yo ucan have a rubbish dump that is beautiful because there is masses of flowers and all different beautiful lush greenery and trees all growing right where the rubbish is. so its still beautiful.
i love it here so so so much.
so not that i was ever one to believe this, but i would just like to take this opportunity to dispel the misnomer about indian people being smelly or this having somthing to do with the food that htey eat.
my deoderant was taken from me by security at bangkok airport before i got on the plane and since i got to india i have not worn deodorant. i actually smell much much less than i have ever smelled in australia on a hot day (even with deodorant) and i am eating heaps of spicy food.
not shopping is really hard. there is so much fun stuff everywhere. i am partial to the simple life though and that is what i want to be immersed in. its so easy to be grateful for just hte food and shelter that you have and be filled with a lot of space and time for reflection, meditation, prayer and connection wikth people. this is reall ymissing from the western world. i would love to brin gup kids here. there is no nintendo, no mtv, no distractions and no stress. kids are kids. they ride their bicycles, build things out of rubbish, collect flowers, play cricket or find an old tyre and run on the road with it using a stick to keep it on course. they are respectful of their elders and they are treated as human beings because it is necessary for them to be mature and responsible and they are.
i want to write so much more but i really want to try to go do some stuff today because it is day 5 and i have pretty much done nothing.
i put my phone number on facebook if anyone doesnt have it let me know .. youre welcome to call me but i dont always have reception. by the way vodafone is really really bad here too. poor service, terrible reception and they have ripped me off twice already.
love and light xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb