Still out in the wild (Pushkar, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and Udaipur)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
January 27th 2007
Published: January 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Pushkar was very relaxing and we had a great time doing not so much. We had a swimming pool in the guest house, maybe a spit away from our room, but it looked like it's full of spit, so we didn't bother bathing there. The sun was very shoothing. The food was good, many restaurants serving better Israeli food than in Israel......... We even went to one place who wanted to please so much their Israeli guests, that they made us fresh humus. We didn't bother complaining of course.

After deciding it's time to move on- spending around a week in Pushkar, we took a bus to the Blue City- Jodhpur. This city is built in the bottom of a fort, a very imprssive one. There we visited a nice marble monument.

Than after a night there, we took a bus to the Golden City- Jaisalmer. It's in the Thar Desert and half of the city is in the fort, which makes it very specail. From there we took a camel trip for 2 nights, which was really a great experienced- for Ariel it was as well a good shave for his legs. Nuts.

It was great to see the desert life and people. All these different animals and different scenaries.

Our guide was cooking for us amazing food- better than anywhere else in India, so far. It was really delicious and we enjoyed it very much. The freshly brewed tea- the famous Chai Massala was really amazing, every time all over and it was a lot (-"want some chai....").

Sitting in the evening around the fire, watching the stars, listening to the beautiful noise the camels produce (24 hours a day)- farting and burping made it as romantic as it gets......

Then after a week in total in Jaisalmer we went to Udaipur. There's a lake here (like almost everywhere in this province) and many places to hang around, eat, drink and relax. We decided we got it out of our system and we can do this at the beach, where we'll reach in a week or so.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb