Varanasi, Agra and the Taj Mahal and Jaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 11th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Since a week we are in India. We took a night bus from Kathmandu. After the shock of how dirty it is and how crazy the people are, we figured, we might start sight seeing.

Our first stop was Varanasi, where the holiest river of the Hindus is, The Ganges River. We woke up for sunrise and saw the people bathing, shaving, doing their laundry, using the toilet and cremate their loved ones.... and in between all this, cows, water buffalos, monkeys, dogs, donkeys, sheep, goats..... It's the real wild out there........

In the evening we went back to see the same, just at sunset... and then they perform ceremonies all along the river, which is interesting.

Then we went to Agra to see the Taj Mahal, as well here we woke up very early to see the sunrise at the Taj Mahal. It was just magical to see the coulors change around this beautiful monument of love!

The same day, after a 15 Ruppee breakfast (33 US Dollar Cents), we left for Jaipur, the capital of the Rajhastan province. The pink old city is the attraction here, it's very dusty and most of the pink lost its colour, so we just call it the grey city.

We went to the Palace of The Winds, where the Maharadshas wives and mistresses lived. There are many windows there and this is the only way how these women could get a glimpse of the world outside. Real feminists.....

Now we arrived in Pushkar and all the signs are in Hebrew (so happy that I learned this language, otherwise I could never get by here). It's easier to find Falafel and Humus than traditional Indian food ; ) and it's not a respectful restaurant without these items. Here we found even a great place for Shira and Galit to eat!!! Girls, you are more than welcome to join us here....



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb