Bhuj to Mount Abu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Mount Abu
July 29th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Additional maps: Untitled

Hey all,Brad here,thought i'd give luscious Lindsey a break from the PC!!!Ok,after a serious detox in Bhuj,which is in a dry state,and my body being in shock for 3 days as i havent been clean since i was about 10 or 11,haha,we leave Bhuj on a day train which takes us from Gujarat into the province of Rajasthan...Our trip takes about 7 hours and we arrive at a station called Abu Road,which is at the foothill of a famous mountain called Mt Abu..Its a hillstation,the only one in Rajasthan,sittin 1200 m above sea level..A taxi takes us up the mountain at around 12 midnight,and an i just say that the fog we went through was the worst i've ever seen!It was as if we were "hot boxing" this dudes taxi as i could see NOTHING!!!Anyways we got there ok and checked into an ok guesthouse called Shri Ganesh GuestHouse,cost was 600 Rps per night (8GBP) between the 3 of us.By now it was around 2 am,so we grabbed a couple cold ones and went upstairs to chill and hit the sack..Next morning (24rd July)we grabbed a quick breakfast from the cafe below and hit the mountain village.Our luck,after about 30 min,the heavens open and its raincoat time!It rained heavy,but we pursued and came to a tiny temple.We checked it out and as we were leaving,a Saddhu Baba (holy man/monk) called us and invited us into his home which was like a cave looking structure below the temple..He worships at this temple,meditates like all day long,lives a life of celebacy and just smokes "charras" (hashish) all day long!!!His forehead is painted,the three different stripes,orange red orange represent the 3 gods his culture worships.We chatted to him for quite a while,and he made us a cup of chai tea while we tried to dry.Not much else happened in Mt Abu due to the weather,so we decided that the following morning we were going to jump ship and take a 8 hr bus from there to a city called Udaiper.We did smash a couple Kingfishers (local beer) that night though :-).

Hope all well with all our friends and sorry the blog was so boring but the place really was!!!

Chat soon


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb