Adventure before Dementia India 2012


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
March 6th 2012
Published: March 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday 05 March 20.00 Hours

After another walking tour and watching the Jaisalmer day pass, it’s time to find some grub

I treat myself to an up market meal at Nachana Haveli Nachana Haveli Heritage Hotel on the edge of town.

In I tramp my rups as good as anyone else’s and take a seat up in the rooftop restaurant.

I have a couple of fresh lime sodas and order the Keema Mutton Matar (Goat with peas) all mutton in India is goat. Dal Makhani (Black Gram cooked overnight and at the last minute cream & butter is added) you can get Dal Makhani at home in some Indians but not like this. Jeera rice and some papads.

The rooftop is cool as the temperature drops swiftly at night and we have some traditional Rajasthani musicians to boot.

All very nice.

A stroll back to the Desert Moon through the cool night air dodging the pigs and cows plus traffic.

The main road is flooded and cars and motorbikes do not slow down for anyone or anything so I quickly run through the water before I get drowned.

Thanks god I am leaving tomorrow as Anglian Water seem to have taken the franchise for plumbing here.

Tuesday 06. March 09.00 hours

Well we have repacked once again and paid my bill at the Desert Moon

2 Nights B/B 1000 Rups

3 Breakfast 335 Rups

Laundry 220 Rups

1555 Rups

Not bad the laundry was a steal as usual 2 shorts, 3 shirts, 3 Undies, 1 Hankie, for 3 quid and somehow trashing them on a rock and there still in some kind of shape





A quick trip into town for the train to Jodhpur (The Blue City) and take a few photos of some very nice painting that are done on silk. Not that expensive either.

The 17.15 Jaisalmer – Jodhpur express beckons. Should arrive 22.40. On non A/c sleeper class for this one as it should not be to warm on the train.

Sleeper class is the class for the common people of India so should be another night of swopping family tales.

Paul


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb