Adventure before Dementia India 2012


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
March 5th 2012
Published: March 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Monday 05 March 08.00



We are out of bed early after good night’s sleep. Breakfast is as yesterday and head off into the street.

Not so much wind or dust this morning so a pleasant walk towards town. I stop at an internet shop to blog and buy a train ticket for my journey to Jodhpur on Tuesday evening. I sort some mobile phone time as well.

I walk round the road below the fort and take some photos of the local circle and a Spanish tourist takes my photo.

I spend the morning walking all over the fort. These days it’s a commercial centre with all kinds of shops but still a wonder in its own way.

I stop for lunch and have a salt lassi and a masala chat sandwich all very nice.

Then I just stroll all over the old town looking and taking in the sights, Stop for some chai and cake and have a chat to some ladies from New Zealand who are here for 5 months travelling about.

Just a good slow day in India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



5th March 2012

TheHat!
Delighted to see the hat managed to get out of the bag............good to see you have slowed the pace and just go with the flow! Where is the camel ride evidence?
5th March 2012

Uncle Paul
Paul I am loving the blog. It is transporting me from the daily grind of work in liverpool to the towns of the sub continent. Keep em coming. By the way you missed a great van Persie goal at the anfield rd end on Saturday.
15th March 2012

2 weeks 2 days!
Sounds like you are having a ball! 2 weeks & 2 days to go till we join you for your "holiday". Can't wait. You should write a book when you get home your tales are disciptive and amusing, feels like we are there with you. Keep safe & enjoy the rest of your travels. Love Jan
17th March 2012

Cochin
Can't wait to see you Luv Paul

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0568s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb