DAY 10: JAIPUR DAY 1 FROM TORDI GARH


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
April 19th 2016
Published: April 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

We had no internet access in Tordi Garh, so I still haven’t caught up on my blog.

After a pretty good night’s sleep at the Tordi Palace, we packed up, had breakfast, and climbed aboard our bus to Jaipur. This was the same bus we’d arrived in, having been parked there by the hotel the whole time. I don’t remember seeing the driver and assistant anywhere, but I assume they too spent the night at the hotel. The ride out to the main road was just as bad as it was coming in, and of course the main “highway” to Jaipur also left something to be desired. We arrived in Jaipur around 11:30 and pulled up in front of our new hotel for the next two nights, Ulsav Niwas. This hotel was similar in nature to the previous ones, but in a very residential neighborhood with no stores nearby. They had a decent dining room, a small outdoor lounge, and the rooms were quite nice. Unfortunately, our first room had a very noisy air conditioner, so we had to change. After checking in and getting settled, we all sat down for lunch at the hotel. I ordered a masala dish that wasn’t too spicy and Manoli had another salad.

After lunch, and a short rest, we all rode cycle tuk-tuks to the Pink Palace, or Hawa Mahal, area. After strolling through the shops lining the streets, our guide gave us 10 minutes to shop a bit before going the entrance of the palace for a tour. Unfortunately, it was closed at the time, so we had free time for shopping before returning to the hotel. At 7pm, we all went out for dinner at the Wall Street Hotel, a fairly fancy hotel with a decent buffet. I can’t remember the price, but they did give us a discount. I tried an assortment of stuff, as did Manoli. After we finished dinner, we all returned to the hotel to discuss the next day’s activities. To my complete surprise, our guide had found out it was my birthday and brought in a cake with two candles. Everyone sang happy birthday, and the cake was quite good.

Tomorrow we all plan to go to the Amber Fort for a nice tour, then hopefully the young German girl and I will get to go to the elephant village for some fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Tordi Cow Poo HouseTordi Cow Poo House
Tordi Cow Poo House

The house is actually made of cow poo!
Negative Vibe WardNegative Vibe Ward
Negative Vibe Ward

Supposed to ward off negative feelings and attitudes.


Tot: 0.449s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 60; dbt: 0.1611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb