Jaipur - feeling hot, hot, hot


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
April 11th 2010
Published: April 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safely in Delhi after my 8 and a half hour flight and met up with everyone from my Exodus group. There are 12 people traveling together and four girls on our own. We had a very long drive to Jaipur and during our lunch stop I was brave and tried some Indian Massala tea. It was incredibly sweet and tasted a bit like chicken tika massala served in a glass with hot milk and skim on the top. Yummy! Don't think I will be trying it again. On the way in to Jaipur I was amazed by the amount of litter and the number of people living by the side of the roads, some under makeshift canopies. I had expected to see signs of poverty but not right in the cities with people just walking by. Very sad and a real eye opener.

Apart from the poverty Jaipur was a lovely city with some beautiful palaces and temples. We visited the Palace of the Winds, the Amber Fort and the City Palace, formerly the residence of the Maharaja and now a museum containing rare manuscripts and royal garments. I was particular amazed by the size of the maharaja's pyjama's which were 4 feet wide! To round off an action packed day we enjoyed a meal on the 7th floor of a hotel overlooking the city. It was nice that it had finally cooled down and we could enjoy eating outside.

Tomorrow we are heading to Ranthambhore in search of the elusive tiger!

Advertisement



14th April 2010

Cool
It all sounds fantastic. Wish I was there and not at work!
14th April 2010

Disgraceful
Dear Ms Scraggs. Most disappointed to discover that you have had the good sense to avoid all the pre-election hype by absenting yourself in such an amazing sounding manner. And I ought to add that I am not in the least bit jealous. Not in the least tiniest bit. At all. Even slightly. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Seen any tigers?
15th April 2010

Hot AND smelly?
Hi Caz Sounds like a great time with challenging events. Someone who has been there said that they could not get over the overwhelming smell of human waste!

Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0944s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb