Hot showers at last


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi again,
It was a relief to get out of smoggy, dirty Delhi. The only train that we could get book onto at short notice was the 05:30 to Agra so we set the alarm for 4am and headed out into the cold and dark (it is surprisingly cold at night). We then sat on our backpacks for 2 hours on the station platform as the train was delayed 😞 We had also been told that the journey was 3 hours and it end up being nearer 7. That was not a good day.
Arrival in Agra was good though with much cleaner air and a comfortable hotel with nice people. We ate at vegetarian restaurant called Zorba the Buddha and we were going to have one of their recommended ice-creams. Unfortunatley the electricity went off for a large chunk of the time while we ate our meals so we skipped the ice-cream dessert.
We were up early again though today to catch sunrise at the Taj Mahal. This is a truly amazing place. It was rather misty this morning but that added to the mystical air. I took loads of photos but can't upload any at the moment.
Today Claire and I opted for the bus, travelling 5 hours to Jaipur. We're staying in a better class of hotel - www.madhuban.net which has hot water and a pool - wahey!! We're staying here for 4 nights so I may loose that traveller aroma that I've been cultivating. I even wore make-up tonight!
Tomorrow is not an early start and we plan to have a long massage as there's a great place here for a holistic on. It's a bit of a tradition with Claire and I.
I'll let you know how we get on...
Deb 😊

Advertisement



1st January 2009

hello there
Sounds like your kind of fun but not exactly mine !! Would love to see the Taj Mahal though sounds awesome. Not sure if you got our text but our little boy arrived on Sunday 28th at 16:45 local time 9lb - Joseph Henry - not Jesus as many recommended... Anyway keep safe and take care, speak to you soon. Happy New Year to you both xx

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb