Jaipur then Pushkar...


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
January 4th 2009
Published: January 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello there,

I hope that everyone had a good New Year. We had a quiet one as Claire was suffering with the cold that I had bestowed on her. We made up for it a couple of nights later though at “Reds” in Jaipur; with wine, cocktails and dance. We were such good customers that the owner gave us a lift back to the hotel on his motorbike as he said that it wasn’t safe.

We like Jaipur with its’ Pink City and it’s out of this world Observatory. I have some fab photos but I’m in the sticks in Pushkar now and internet is slow even by Indian standards; it’s like a crippled snail with a ridiculously heavy load. My words will just have to paint the pictures for you instead…..nah, forget that!

My impression of India is a mixed one and it’s definitely not an easy option to come backpacking here; especially as 2 women alone. We are opting for slightly better hotels rather than the budget options as we like hot water and proper beds. It’s cool at night so there’s no need for aircon. Travel wise the trains and buses are “interesting”, but tomorrow is long haul to Jaisalmer (10.5 hours by bus). Our destination hotel has made is an offer to collect us by private car to take us door to door so we’ve leapt on it - wahey!

Signing off now as my time is almost up. Onward and westward and hopefully better internet connects.

Ciao, Deb x


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb