Back to New Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
April 10th 2005
Published: January 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Dirty in Delhi
Back where we started the tour
Where I met Robyn.

We got back to Delhi in the morning and dropped off our stuff into one of the day rooms since my own personal room was not yet made up. Instead of just hanging around the hotel doing nothing I decided to join Mel and Rachel on a little trip out to Connaught Place. Apparently nothing is open on Sunday before noon other than some street vendors. Oh well. Got me out and about.

The group all met up for lunch for one final goodbye. We went to the sweets shop around the corner and had a mini thali. Best value for your rupee! So much food for only 60 Rs.

After lunch there were quite a few goodbyes. Then a few of us, David, Mel, Rachael, Robyn and myself went to the movie theatre to catch the movie “Lucky”. Well, the first theater we tried to go to had closed down and was being rebuilt as something bigger and better. So we ended up at another theater and stood in a massive crowd of people. It didn't look like we were gonna get tickets but then David went round and did some talking and got us five tickets! Score!

The movie itself was okay. Let's just say I fell asleep! lol It had a pretty far fetched plot but was entertaining and I had to remind myself this is a Bollywood movie! Too bad I didn't know more Hindi! Wait a sec, too bad I don’t know some Hindi. lol

Those that were still around went out to dinner at Crossroads but not before saying goodbye to Mel and then Nitin.

Donna wore her saree to dinner and it looked absolutely gorgeous! A few more goodbyes and then a short after dinner walk before heading back to the hotel to hang with Rachel and Robyn a little bit more. Before we knew it, it was time to say goodbye to Rachael and Jen too...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb