gurus, beggars and bollywood


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Pune
February 6th 2007
Published: February 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

few travel journals because few travels!!!
still in pune...surprised, huh??
gently and softly peeling down more layers and creating abundantly authentic juicy, loving space. long, full days of meditation, sharing, swimming, learning, dancing and sweating and even ping-pong oh, and of course hugging and laughing. i have a cozy room in a clean, modest flat shared with sweet fernanda from mexico. it's nice to have my own kitchen and clean bathroom shared with one other and a giant tree towering outside my window. the birds sing different tunes and rise a bit earlier, i can recall the first time i heard these songs 6 years ago and felt so touched by the vast differences of the sounds...i am still touched even if at 5:00 in the morning they blend in with rickshaws and motorbikes.

i forgot my travel speakers at home and finally made it to the city to purchase a new pair. i awoke at 5:15 for my morning meditation and had forgotten i went to sleep with low volume music singing me into my dreams. in my semi awake, semi dream space i could hear distant music which sounded to me to be soft chanting in the streets. i became excited at this possibilty so i jumped from bed to my window only to realize that i was hearing "he's gone" from the grateful dead. i actually believed for a moment in sheer amazemant that people were singing grateful dead outside my window at 5:15 in the morning. when i remembered i had speakers on my table i began to laugh out loud at the absurdity that i could actually consider this....

my belly has been healthy and strong as i devour delicious local foods.

went with rani to see a film.."salaam-e-ishq"....a typical western theme of 4 or 5 different couples and their respective love stories and entanglements in each others lives in the dance, song and glitter theme of bollywood. a film is approximately 3 hours with a short intermission they call interval as a giant "interval" is printed on the screen. the volume is twice as loud as a western theater and there are assigned seats. we were seated in the middle of the 4th row. a complete sensory experience of sight and sound with bright colors glowing on gorgeous indian flowing, sparkling costume complete with high pitched deeply emotional female singing, including the imagination and intuition since i am yet to be fluent in hindi however the sript was simple enough to understand basically all that was happening.

the internet cafe is closing....good night for now...as always with much love

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb