Day 15, 16, 17 - Mumbai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
May 19th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We got to Mumbai from Aurangabad early Friday morning after our train was over five hours late arriving in Aurangabad. Instantly, we realized that Mumbai is by far the most cosmopolitan and modern city we had visited in India so far. Instead of rickshaws, there were actual taxis, plus the streets were relatively clean and the neighborhoods were very distinct and well-developed. We stayed in a hostel with people from around the world and spent most of our time doing different activities with a handful of the tourists we met. At one point, we were out in a group that consisted of two Brits, a Welshman, a Dutchmen, an Australian, two Israelians, a New Zealander, and a woman from Japan. Needless to say, our stay in Mumbai was very interesting, mainly because of the other travelers we met. We spent an evening on Elephanta Island, and toured the city, but only stayed for a few days because Mumbai is very expensive. Brad also suffered his first experience with the infamous "Delhi Belly," but recovered quickly after a day of fever and stomach problems. From Mumbai we traveled to Goa. We have posted a handful of pictures from Mumbai below; however, we somehow got a virus on our camera's memory card so we lost nearly 40 pictures from Mumbai - including all of our pictures from Elephanta island - plus, as you will notice, because of the virus, the labels of the pictures do not, in many cases, correspond to the pictures themselves. There isn't much we can do about this. Perhaps the most interesting sight from Mumbai, was the dhobi wallah, which is basically the laundry facility for the entire city. If you get laundry done in Mumbai, odds are very good that it is done here.

Namaste


Additional photos below
Photos: 93, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



26th May 2010
Sun set from the Arabian Sea outside Mumbai

WOW
So glad to hear Brad is better and Brian watch yourself! Your pics are amazing and I so enjoy keeping up with you on your adventure. This is a real eye opener as to how the other world lives. Continue safely and can't wair for more.
26th May 2010

HEY!
Hey! i just wanted to say hi. ur pics are beautiful. i hope yall enjoy the rest of ur trip.
12th June 2010

Dr. Mistry's Dental Clinic
"Which tooth will he pull?"--that's funny.
25th June 2010

Delhi Belly
At first I was very interested, even a little aroused, when I read the words "Brad" and "Delhi Belly" close to each other. Thought it may be some sort of exotic dancer with my dear friend Fidler Jones. The excitement was short lived. Keep having a great experience.

Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb