Munnar tea


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Munnar
May 21st 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We went on an early morning trek into the tea plantations at 630am. It was very cloudy, we climbed right to the top of the mountain and had breakfast there after a 3 hour trek. I was sooo hungry the guy/guide took ages to get the food out of his bag...first we had a tea which was yummy from the TATA tea company. We then finally got some much needed food (sweet toast and eggs). On the way down/back we went to a flower garden where this young girl (about 20) started taking picture of us. It was a bit odd, guess we look like weirdos to her.
We then went to the TATA/KDHP tea shop and bought lots and lots of tea, too much for me to carry so i had to give it all to Bonnie to carry back.

Tried some more kerlana speciality fish - fish fry keel fish, it was very yummy.

Took an auto to the waterfall in the picture, got a masala tea for us and our driver, we stopped him littering. Everyone here seems to litter everywhere, even next to such a beautiful waterfall.

For dinner we had a dosa (pancake) from a street place opposite our hotel for 60 RS for both of us, the cheapest yet.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

ButterflyButterfly
Butterfly

Pretty
Me and GuideMe and Guide
Me and Guide

In the clouds at the top
Orchid 1Orchid 1
Orchid 1

Specially taken for Jane
Bonnie posing Bonnie posing
Bonnie posing

with her newly purchased tea


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb