Kerala is beautiful!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
June 29th 2007
Published: June 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone! It seems like it's been a long time but really just a day. We took an night train from Coimbatore to Cochin and spent the whole first day on our feet. We were supposed to go to Kottayam today but they are having an outbreak of wild fever so it's not safe. Some of us got to ride an elephant and that was awesome! After that we went to visit a sister in the hospital and basically invited her whole ward to church. From there we went to visit Premna who the last team will remember as our awesome Cochin sister/guide. Well she had a beautiful baby girl! She's gorgeous and we have tons of pictures. Please pray for Ev, he's having eye surgery right now. Pray for Jen, she's watching her baby boy have eye surgery right now. And pray for me, I'm not with my baby boy for his eye surgery right now.
Gotta go, it's late here.
Ben

Hola!! Okay so Cochin is the same but different than Coimbatore and Chennai. Its B-E-A-utiful here. There are a ton more treees and plants here but at the same time its is extremely humid. Its not actually "Hot" but Ben described it as you could take a straw and drink the water out of the air. Anyways, we have only been here two days but have already done some sweet stuff. Yesterday we were able to work a olden days chinese fishing contraption. It took about five of us to lift it "fast". But the sweetest thing is...today I got to ride an elephant!! Its was ridicuously sweet. You could feel the muscles in its back underneath of you and everytime it would take a step you would sway to one side and it felt like you would fall off. Oh and I almost forgot, we went to an old age home yesterday too. The women were so inspiring. They have been through so much but are still faithful and continuously loving. Mom, Dad, Tony, Kim, Amber, Cameron, and Spencer I love you and miss you all!!!

Trucks full of love, Autumn

PS We saw Die Hard 4 tonight and if you havnt seen it you should get in your car right now and go! Its sweet! Love ya all!

Advertisement



30th June 2007

SWEET!
Autumn,That sounded so AWESOME. You sound like you are having a great time. We were so suprised to hear that you saw Die Hard 4. We are off to se it on Sunday. Spencer wants to say something..... HELLO!!!You are so lucky that you got to ride on a elephant. Did you name it bob? Hope you are injoying yourself. I love you and hope to see you soon.I almost forgot, SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!! We Love You and Can't wait to see you and hear all about it. Love The Cussens

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb