KANNUR AND WAYANAD ARE THE PERFECT DESTINATIONS FOR HONEYMOON


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
August 30th 2019
Published: August 30th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Every bride and groom wish to start their new journey of life with a perfect and memorable honeymoon. Newlywed couples always search for places which are well known for calm ambience, rich green heritage and so on. In order to fulfil their desires and wishes honeymooners must select the exact and proper destination that suits their expectations. Based on the opinions of many couples, Kerala is the best choice for starting a new life. The scenic beauty of the state which comprises of misty valleys, lofty mountains, sun toasted beaches, calm backwaters, turquoise rivers, excellent collection of flora and fauna and unparalleled roads lures each and every person to ‘God’s own country’ every year.

There are many romantic destinations in the state to cherish lovely moments. To tailor romantic memories it depends on the wise decision of the couples of selecting excellent places. Before planning a romantic trip, couples should keep a few points in their mind.


• Select places which suit the desire and preferences of both the couples.
• Make the list of places with their specialities.
• Consult best travel agency.
• Carry necessary accessories like dresses, sunglasses, sunscreen lotion and antibiotics
• It is always best to select the least explored place so that couples can enjoy a peaceful environment.



Kerala is really an ideal tourist spot not only for honeymooners but also for family trips or conducting hangouts with friends. Whether it is monsoon, winter or summer, in each season the state has something new to grab the attention of travellers across the world. All the honeymoon destinations in the state offer a comfortable stay in reputed hotels and resorts for travellers. To make the Kerala trip a wonderful one, it is always good to rely on reputed travel agencies. For assured delightful trip, choose Kerala honeymoon packages of Dream Holidays. As air tickets are included in the package. Honeymooners need not worry about the flight tickets, rates and booking. So it would be really a blessing for the newlywed couples. To learn more about their various honeymoon packages and prices just make a call to the number given in the website or drop a mail to their mail id.

Following is the list of few spectacular and least explored romantic destinations in Kerala. Honeymooners can visit these places by availing their Cheapest honeymoon packages. Dream holidays always focus on customer’s satisfaction by giving preferences to their desires. They also try to include a few places where thrilling adventurous activities can be practised.

Muzhappilangad Beach




Has anyone seen the movies where the hero drives a car or rides a bike with heroine beside or behind him? Doesn’t it give a romantic feel? By seeing the scenes in the movie itself it gives an awesome feeling. Then how much more lovely it would be when in actual couples try it. Couples who want to be the next Dulqer Salman and Nithya Menon of Mollywood or Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol of Bollywood should try out this. They, without considering society’s rules express their love. If super actors can do in their movies why can’t couples in real life can’t do it? Muzhappilangad beach situated in Kannur district is the perfect location for lovely drives. It is the longest drive beach in Asia. The beach is hardly a few kilometres apart from the Thalassery town. There are different ways to explore the beauty of the Muzhappilangad beach.

Ride on the beach




Running parallel to National Highway-66 (NH-66) the 4 km long stretch beach captivates riders to the place. It is one of India’s longest ride beaches. The entry fees for the riders range from Rs. 30/- to Rs.50/-. On weekdays the beach is not crowded. If you planning a weekend trip, don’t worry about the rush, there are places where you can find immense solitude. Riders enjoy their ride either by splashing water on others or by increasing their speed.

Hidden Island




It is hard to believe there could be an island near to the beach. Nearly 100-200 m apart from the beach, situates an island named ‘Dharmadam’. It is also known as ‘Green Island’ in English and in Malayalam, it is called as ‘Pacha Thuruthu’. People can visit the island during low tides.

Water sports




How a beach so popular could be devoid of thrilling water sports activities? The beach is an ideal spot for activities like paragliding, power boating, swimming, parasailing and catamaran rides. Despite providing chances to enthralling activities, people are the craze of the beach for its driving facilities. The firmness of the sand makes it suitable for riding.

Delicious foods




Don’t think that the beach only provides any of daring activities but also it hosts many food corners too. There are numerous mini food parks and restaurants are seen near the beach. After tiring water activities, beach lovers can quench their appetite with mouth-watering dishes.

Swimming




The clear and freshwater of the beach attracts many swimmers across the land. Travellers especially foreign tourists indulge themselves in swimming for hours. More than swimming beach lovers like to explore the serene beauty by riding on the 4km long sand pathway for hours.

Bird Watching




It is the perfect place to capture different species of birds. For example, egrets, Eurasian oystercatcher, ruddy turnstone etc. During the winter season, more than 30 species of migratory birds are seen on the beach. What attracts the birds to the beach are broad and long shore and rocky formations seen on either side. In 2013 Pectoral Sandpiper and Caspian Plover were spotted for the first time in the state.

Muzhappilangad Bhagavathy




People can also make a visit to the nearby temple called Muzhappilangad Bhagavathy for seeking blessings. If couples are lucky they can view the ancient temple dance form known as' Theyyam'.

Lakkidi




The misty hill station is situated in the midst of lush green plantations of Wayanad district. It is positioned 2296(700) m from the sea level. It is also known as the gateway of Wayanad. On standing on top of Lakkidi hills couples by holding each other’s hand firmly can enjoy the fantastic panoramic view of streams, gorges and green meadows. The travel to the breathtaking hill station is really thrilling and exciting. For that couples will have to cover 9 hairpins from Adeevaram. There are many more places nearby Lakkidi hill station which lures tourists towards it.

Pookote Lake




Covered with thickly populated forests and lofty valleys and hills, Pookate Lake is the popular freshwater lake in Wayanad. The lake is famous for its boat riding. Various kinds of boats are available for riding. Newlywed couples can hold each other’s hand firmly while riding the boat and by the other hands, they can splash water on each other’s face. It is also the perfect place for shoppers to collect souvenirs. Greenhouse and aquarium situated near to the lake attract the tourists.

Chain Tree




There are many lovely beautiful places in Wayanad which every person’s mind. But ahs anyone thought there would be a place which haunts and scares travellers? On the way to Thamaraserry gate pass, travellers will find a ficus tree surrounded by a long steel chain. The tree is now called Chain tree or more commonly known as ‘Changala Maram’ in Malayalam. During the colonial period, one of the British engineers wanted to know the shortest path to beautiful Wayanad. On those days only the local tribes knew all the corners of the forests. So the engineers seek the help of Karinthandan, a young local tribe. After understanding the route, the engineer killed the innocent boy in order to gain credit. Years later his ghost started troubling the passengers. On the request of villagers a priest tied his soul into the ficus tree with a steel chain. For the surprise, every year the steel chain grows along with the tree. On his reme mbrance, every second Sunday of March month an organisation named PEEP conduct a rally. The rally is known as Karinthandan Smriti Yatra. There is a temple constructed in his honour near to the tree named Changala Muneeswaram Kovil. On your romantic trip don’t forget to visit the mysterious chain tree.

Chembra Peak




Chembra peak is one of the most beautiful and highest peaks in Wayanad district. From Meppadi town, one can trek to Chembra peak. Wayanad District tourism provides hiking equipment for safe trekking. While trekking, tourists can come across various species of flora and fauna. On reaching the top of the peak, couples will get a bird’s eye view of entire valleys, hills and plantations of the district. From the top of the peak, couples will get a splendid view of heart-shaped lake also known as Cupid Lake. Many travellers lure to this place is due to the shape of the lake.

Vennimala Sree Rama Lakshamana Perumal Temple




The temple was constructed in the name of Lord Lakshmana and Lord Rama by Cheraman Perumal Bhaskara. As per the history of the temple, Lord Lakshmana and Lord Rama visited the side of this hill during their ‘vanavasa’ period. During those days in the Vennimala caves, sages used to meditate and demons used to trouble. Hence sages seek the help of Lord Lakshamana, he killed all the demons and saved the sages. So the people started worshipping the lord Lakshamana. As the king was a devotee of Lord Rama, people also worshipped. It is the best place to seek blessings for couples before beginning a new life.

Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary



It is an important part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. The sanctuary is the perfect place to spend a holiday with dear ones. You will come across various species of animals, which you might have seen only in National Geographic channels. Along with the mammals, travellers can see various birds like woodpeckers, babblers and vibrant peacocks. To see the mesmerising beauty of the jungle, couples can avail jeep safari in the forest. The drive will in the early mornings and evenings when animals will be highly active.

There are many more places in the northern parts of Kerala which are least explored and untouched. In recent years, these places are gaining more popularity. Before these places get crowded avail the best tour packages from the trustable travel planners. Dream holidays always offer tour packages at an affordable rate to their honeymoon couples. The tour package to enjoy the beauty of northern Kerala comprising places like Kannur and Wayanad, the rate would be Rs.350000/- including up and down airfares. The representative of the travel agency will pick up and drop off the couples to the destination safely. And also accommodation will be in reputed resorts and hotels. If honeymooners have any queries regarding the itinerary can contact their 24*7 customer support team. So don’t waste your time. Grab the package as quickly as possible.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb