FOUR REASONS TO VISIT KERALA IN 2019


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
August 22nd 2019
Published: August 23rd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Kerala, the 'God's own country' is well known for its awesome beauty. It is also one of the fascinating holiday spots in India. Being blessed with exotic wildlife, verdant cardamom hills, serene tea estates, misty hill stations and palm-fringed paths, Kerala offers a unique travel experience to its backpackers. People across the nation, especially from the capital city, Delhi are attracted by the magical beauty of Kerala. Delhi has always seen the hectic traffic, excellent skyscrapers, noisy streets, busy life and also a fusion of history and politics. In Kerala, you will see all these in a lesser proportion and these are covered by the amazing locations and mesmerising beauty of nature. Each and every inch of Kerala is drenched in the lush green plantations. With so much to explore in Kerala, it is always good to choose travel partners who know each corner of the state. Kerala Tour packages owned by Dream Kerala are one of the best domestic tour operators in the state. Customers who availed their packages have given satisfactory feedback. There are a few reasons which captivate tourists across the country to Kerala.

1. Awesome Monsoon



Kerala receives rain twice a year. The two rainy seasons in Kerala are known as Edavapathy and Thulavarsham. The state looks more beautiful when it rains like cats and dogs. To enjoy the real charm of monsoon one should definitely visit Kerala during rainy days. It would be better if travellers plan their trip during August and September as it won't rain the whole day or weeks together without a break. It is a suitable time to enjoy the bright sunrise and cold evenings. Monsoon seasons are beginning of festivals. From religious festivals to the cultural festival like Onam and thrilling boat races, Kerala will be dipped in various colours of excitement and joy. It is also a perfect time to rejuvenate oneself through ayurvedic therapeutics. After revitalising, travellers can head to the beautiful places in the state, which would definitely cast an excitement. No need of wondering for places to visit during the rainy season, here is a small list of sites to be seen during the rainy days.

Idukki



Idukki, being hilly and mountainous regions receive the first rainfall each year. Most of the places in Idukki will put on a rainy veil. The district looks amazing and fantastic during the peak of monsoons. Waterfalls and rivers get recharged during the heavy rains of June and July. Adventure enthusiasts travellers don't get disappointed by watching the heavy rain, The door of opportunities to practise trekking and rock climbing will not be closed.

Wayanad



Wayanad is famous for thick green vegetation, misty mountains, and deep valleys. The excitement to touch the tiny droplets present on the top of the green leaves in tea and coffee gardens will incite joy and thrill in an individual's mind. One can visit the 'Cupid lake ' or more commonly known as 'Hridayathadakam' by holding an umbrella to protect from the mild rain showering from the clouds.

Nearest Railway station: Kozhikode

Nearest Airport: Calicut International Airport

Gavi



Gavi is located in the Pathanamthitta district. People who love nature and wildlife will surely wish to explore this region. Gavi is the pride in its excellent wildlife species. During monsoon days the place will be covered with thick mist and fog. Gavi is always in the bucket list of trekkers. Irrespective of the climate, adventurous people are always welcomed here.

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport and Thiruvananthapuram International Airport

Aruvikkuzhi



It is situated in Kottayam district. The waterfall is active only during the rainy season and it is located 2 km apart from Pallickathode. In summer the place completely dries up and gets revitalised during monsoon. The verdant surroundings and cool water falling from a height of 110 ft will make the place an ideal paradise for the picnickers. St. Mary’s church situated at the top of the waterfall is an added feature to visit the place.

Nearest Railway station: Kottayam

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport

These monsoon journeys have the potential to offer experiences beyond narrations. Rain journeys really carry a magical power which will take the travellers back to their childhood days.

2. Fascinating backwaters



Backwaters are the water bodies which flow through several districts of Kerala. It is a network of lagoons and canals. Alappuzha to Kollam is the longest backwater route. Travellers can enjoy the beauty of backwaters while travelling through the houseboats. Canoes and houseboats are the elements of ancient history are still in huge demand in present days. Travel in the houseboat cruise not only attracts domestic tourists but also international travellers. People can enjoy the golden sunrise by holding a cup of hot black coffee. Outside the houseboats, travellers can enjoy the scenic beauty of nature and inside there are various means to entertain and rejoice. The cruise will provide traditional Kerala cuisines to quench appetite. Best places to enjoy the cruise are as follows.

Kumarakom



It is situated in the Alleppey district. People can start their houseboat journey from Alleppey. On to the way to Kumarakom, travellers can come across to a large area covered with tropical evergreen forests. The journey will not be boring as the birds from the sanctuary near to the backwater will entertain you with their melodious songs.

Nearest Railway station:: Alleppey

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport

Cochin



Cochin situated in the Ernakulam district and it is considered as the busiest city in Kerala. Places covered in the itinerary of the cruise are Bolgatty Island, Wellington Island and Mattancherry fort. Bolgatty Palace was constructed by the Dutch in 1744. It is also known as the heaven for golf freaks. The itinerary also includes places like Jewish synagogue, Santa Cruz Basilica and St. Francis church. Here, tourists can find a fusion of Dutch, Portuguese, British and English architecture styles.

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport

3. Foggy Mountains



To enjoy the real and actual beauty of mountains, one should surely visit the lofty hills during winter and monsoon seasons. As the whole region will be covered with thick mist and fog, transportation to the place will be difficult. But this won’t stop the arrival of tourists to the regions. Mountains of Kerala are thickly covered with lush green plantations of tea and coffee. Munnar, Thekkady and Wayanad are famous for their lofty mountains.

Munnar



Munnar is popular for its breathtaking hill stations. The region comprises of hills and mountains of various heights. Major portion of the region is covered with tea and coffee gardens. Trekking, paragliding and boating are mainly practised. To enjoy the scenic beauty one can opt for a nature walk. Munnar is also blessed with a rich variety of flora and fauna. For shoppers, it is the best places to collect souvenirs as part of memory.

Nearest Airport: Cochin International airport

Thekkady



Thekkady is the favourite place of all times trekkers. Travellers often opt for tree houses for night stay so that they enjoy the marvellous and splendid panoramic view of the entire forests. They begin their day by hearing the wild roars of animals. People can see various species of birds and animals in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport

4. Beaches



In Kerala, people like to visit the beach for various reasons. For example, to chill out with friends, to refresh by practising yoga and to build dream houses on the sand etc. Each time the tides hit the beach and take away unwanted things. Likewise, the cooling breeze touches people’s heart and reliefs them from all kinds of worries. At present, more than 20 beaches are there in Kerala. Below is the list of few important beaches in the state.

Bekal beach



It is situated in the Kasargod district. It is most popular for providing the best view of Bekal fort, which is one of the largest and well-preserved forts in Kerala. Bekal beach is shared by the Karnataka state. Toward the northern part of the beach, one can witness an estuary where the backwaters join the sea.

Nearest Railway station: Kasargod

Nearest Airport: Kannur International Airport

Chavakkad beach



It is situated in Thrissur district. Chavakkad Beach is hardly 5km from the famous Shri Krishna Temple at Guruvayoor. Towards the end of the sea, one can see an awesome moment of river joining the sea. Chavakkad Beach is a perfect place to get rid of all kinds of tensions in life.

Nearest Railway station: Thrissur

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport

Kappil beach



People who are in search of privacy and solitude should definitely visit the Kappil beach situated at the heart of Thiruvananthapuram. It assures complete calmness. Poets, couples and thinkers often visit the beach.

Nearest Railway station: Thiruvananthapuram

Nearest Airport: Thiruvananthapuram International airport

Kuzhupilly Beach



It is located in Ernakulam district. It is one of the most crowded beaches in Kerala. In the beach, all the evenings are occupied with different events. An array of coconut trees and silver coloured sands pulls the tourists to the place again and again.

Nearest Airport: Cochin International airport

Padinjarekkara beach



It is situated in Malappuram district. The beach gives an awesome view of the Bharatapuzha, Tirur river and Arabian sea. It is the perfect place to capture the flight of migratory birds. Floating coffee shops, water scooters and speed boats are highlights of the beach.

Nearest Railway station: Kozhikode.

Nearest Airport: Calicut International Airport

The above mentioned are the few important features which draw the travellers to the state again and again. Are these features not enough to book Kerala trip? Dream holidays have always customised their Kerala tour packages so that no common man should miss the opportunity to explore the eternal beauty of Kerala. There are different packages available at affordable price. People who are planning to visit the misty hill stations and travel in houseboats for 4 days and 3 nights can avail the package at a rate of Rs.45000/- including airfares(up and down), and Rs.35000/- excluding flight tickets. To explore the amazing beauty of beaches of 3 days and 2 nights can buy the package at Rs.40000/- including air tickets (up and down) and Rs.30000/- excluding airfares.

So, what are you waiting for pack your bags with a camera loaded with memory to capture the mesmerising moments in beautiful Kerala and also don’t forget to carry enough causal dresses and night attires. Kerala is really a heavenly place on the land to cherish memorable moments.








Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0471s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb