Chunchi Falls - a beautiful water fall near Bangalore


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Kanakapura
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

How to reach there


Chunchi falls is about 90 kms from Bangalore city. From Bangalore you have to go to Kanakapura. From Kanakapura you have to go on Sangama/ Mekedatu road. Before about 10 kms from Sangama you will find a signboard for chunchi falls to go towards left. After going for about 6 kms on rural road you will find chunchi falls.
The Waterfall


Chunchi fall is located on river Arkavati. The waterfall is nestled among the amazing ranges of rocks. You can park your vehicle in the open field there and walk inside the rocky area. The area is definitely risky and you will find some warning sign boards at the entrance.



Initially you will find a straight cut way to walk down for about 300 meters. Then you will find a canal bridge. As you will be eager to see water, you will immediately be excited to see that canal water and bridge in the jungle. But have patience to walk further there is much more to see ahead.



Then gradually there will be no demarcated route to walk. You will land up in a rocky zone, where you can either go nowhere (if you are scared) or you can go anywhere (if you can jump on the rocks). Now you are in the difficult part of trekking.



As there is no visible road, you will have some disadvantages. You may move this side to that side and get exhausted much before you reach the fall. If it is summer and mid day, then the place will be extremely hot (because of stones). You should better carry some drinking water with you. The other problem is if you are on a dry day or odd time and there is nobody, then you may feel scared and return back from half way.

There are two solutions; one is to go on a holiday where you can expect some more visitors on the spot. This will help you to trace the route on the rocks. Alternatively take a local from there who will guide you short cut route for a small price (say Rs 20 to 30).



We were lucky to have a local guide who took us straight into the water fall through all kinds of funny zig-zag path. We saw two waterfalls, one smaller while going inside and another bigger at the end. However, the water was less because of summer season. In rainy season, the water is ferocious as people say.



I got down to the water and took bath in the fall. It was extremely risky and thrilling at the same time. Cold water in hot summer was quite enjoyable. But I was afraid of the slippery stones and the depth on the other side.



Overall the experience was exciting in Chunchi falls. The water you see in picture was in extreme summer. There will be much more water in rainy season. The place surrounded by green forests look scary and adventurous. It was a great adventure trip for me and will be for anybody. (Note: This article was first posted in JournalSite )

Advertisement



26th November 2015

NATURE PLACE
BEAUTIFUL
28th June 2016

Great article
Extremely good article. Hard facts, to the point, simple. "You may move this side to that side and get exhausted much before you reach the fall." "The other problem is if you are on a dry day or odd time and there is nobody, then you may feel scared and return back from half way." Very true. These factors and issues are not often told to us. I'm planing to visit these falls. Thank you so much. Continue writing such honest and simple articles.

Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb