Beerabhadreshwara Temple near Ramanagaram


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Ramanagaram
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

How to reach there

Veerabhadreshwara temple is on a small hill located on the road side 12 kms from Ramanagaram on Kanakapura road. If you are going from Ramanagaram, you will first see Sabbakere from where a road goes to right side towards Siddheshwara beta. You can leave that road and go straight on Kanakapura road. You will find this temple within one km at the left side of the road. The vehicles can go to the foot of the hill and small vehicles can go up to the hill.


<iframe src="http://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.6422292&lon=77.3437232&z=14&l=0&ifr=1&m=w&tag=287&v=1" frameborder="0" width="460" height="322"></iframe>
The temple

While coming from Ramagaram to Kanakapura you will find a beautiful arch on the left side of the road (right side while coming from Kanakpura to Ramanagaram). You can go through the arch and reach the hill temple within half km.



There are two ways to the hill, one driveway for the vehicles and another steps for the walkers. However, the driveway is not very wide for cars but wide enough for bikes.



Veerabhadra swamy temple is built with beautiful architecture. There is a statue of nandi in front of the temple. You have to climb a few steps for the temple and have darshan of the lord.



The beauty of the temple is that it is built on huge granite stones. Some of the boulders are more than 50 feet high. They look very terrific and magical.



You can see Siddheshwara beta from the Veerabhadra Temple hill top, which looks very tiny from about 4 kms distance. But if you have a zoom binocular or video camera you can see the hill clear with 30x –40x zoom.

If you are going on Ramanagaram - Kanakapura road, don’t forget to give a halt at this place. Even if you are going on Bangalore-Mysore road it is worth driving 15 kms inside to visit this temple.

(This article was first published in journalsite.tk)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb