volunteering hmmm not much of that going on


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
May 25th 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So Day 1 of the volunteering. In the morning we were given breakfast cooked by the very kind granny and then taken to Dr.Victors posh college where he worked. We sat around waiting for instructions for about 2hours then were invited into one of his classes to interact with the ridiculously wealthy uni-students where i was asked if i was married by everyone i spoke to.We then went back to the house for some plain rice and bean curry ( the most bland curry i have had in india so far). Dr Victor was still at the college so we had to wait for him to get back. At 1630 he finally turned up, i was fuming angry as i still hadn't done a minutes volunteering and was paying almost 1000rs a day ( hostel 100rs per night for comparison). I said i wasn't happy he got angry at me and then said i could go and work at the slum school the next day ( which is what i was supposed to be doing already)

In the eve we got dressed up in Victors family's clothes and then had some beers including the Knock out beer that really does what it says!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



13th June 2009

whoa the granny is like 4ft small! You look great in sari though
16th June 2009

Knock out
If you have any room on your return, I wouldn't mind a bottle, just for research purposes, sari for asking x

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0209s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb