Bangalore sight seeing weekend with Ramki part2


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
May 24th 2009
Published: June 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

SpiderSpiderSpider

Get out of our way please
Sunday was sight seeing day. We came downstairs to see this little spider blocking our way!

First travelled across town to the Iskon temple, a huge temple complex which was packed full of people. It was very pretty inside there were lots of forms of the hindu gods and lots of gold.

For lunch we went to the famous MTR ( Tiffen rooms) for an indian Thali, it consisted of loads of small currys and objects (such as breads, rice, poppadoms, donut type things & sweets) the best thing was it was unlimited meal so they would bring free refills. I ate so much my tummy hurt. We then went to a LP (Lonely Planet) recommended tea place which was ok, a bit posh. The tea came in pots with a timer next to it and you had to wait for it to brew..still prefer the masala tea any day.

We then went to the Bull temple with was a series of 4 temples. One had a huge rock inside it shaped like a bull. its was nice to see. We had a lovely chai ( tea ) and rushed back to Ramki's house to pack my stuff to take it to the volunteering place. We went through the Majestic bus terminus where there were about 100 buses all trying to enter, pick up and leave the bus stops (see picture)

Dr Victor saga begins : So the plan was, if you are unaware that i was going to be doing some volunteer work in an orphanage in Salam with a "charity" called VFSP . However there was an incident at the orphanage where a volunteer had raped one of the orphans and they could therefor not except anymore volunteers there. So when i spoke to Dr, Victor he said that i could work in a slum school in Bangalore instead teaching the children, this was fine with me so i went on sunday evening to meet them.

I was picked up at the bus stop by Dr. Victor and another volunteer as it was too dangerous for us to walk from the bus stop after dark. I was taken a mile to their house which was on top of the local shops and shown my room. My bed was in the communal front room ( great for getting changed - not ) and the toilet...well the picture says it all really (no hot water or shower just a tap). The rooms were full of cockroaches of all sizes. Luckily i had my mosi net as there were loads of them too. It took me ages to get to sleep as only one of the locks worked on the door and i felt really unsafe.




Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

MTRMTR
MTR

Lunch place
ChaiChai
Chai

Outside the bull temple
MangosMangos
Mangos

Small child wanted to be in photo
SevanagarSevanagar
Sevanagar

Toilet


13th June 2009

Keen observers/entomology enthusiasts will notice this is the same spider as in the backwaters -poisonous then!
13th June 2009

Bangalore sight seeing... part 2
Lovely sight seeing photos, not so lovely accommodation! Cockcroaches, toilet - YUK man, yuk yuk yuk! I really hope you get to stay somewhere better soon, no wonder you were ill, brave you. You might have picked up a bug from the slums? The kids look super cute :)

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb