Not 1 but 3 passes today!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh
October 21st 2013
Published: October 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

This was the hardest day of the whole trek. We slept just below the highest pass of of this part of the trek, so we would have only 300m to walk to the pass. But then after that there were another 2 big passes. So today we ended up walking for almost 10 hours and went up and down and up and down and up again and down again!!!!

Start Senge La Base camp 4700m

Senge La 4960m

Kiupa La 4450m

Murgum La 4370m

to end up in Lingshed with its beautiful gompa at 3900m

It really was the toughest day but the views were magnificent. At the first pass we were greeted by a monk who gave us a special fabric necklace which we wore from then on. Stantzin, who is a great horseman and guide, but not such a great cook, had only prepared a few potatoes for lunch. So we not only had to walk 10 hours, but we had almost no food. Luckily we had brought our Delhaize bag with all the muesli bars and dried fruit! We'll survive.

It was also extra tough for Nadja as she was still feeling sick and as she was not as prepared for the trek as I was, she suffered but held on and didn't want to stop before the scheduled goal!

Tomorrow we'll take a rest day. The good thing also is that since we crossed the Senge La, the weather changed, from now on we won't have any rain anymore and the sun will shine almost until the end of the trek!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb