Shimla


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
June 10th 2006
Published: June 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

ShimlaShimlaShimla

James Brown
4 hours on the bus and me and Hemal arrive in Shimla. Woo woo! Stunning place on the side of a mountain. Phoned up a guest house to reserve a room, and as it was only 200 meters away on the map I said, we will be there in 5 minutes. What I didn't realise was that in was about 200 metres upwards as well and when your already 2200 metres above sea level and the airs a little thinner and have a bag that weights as much as a small indian man on your back, after a few steps your out of breath. So it took us 30 minutes but we made it alive, well, yet exhausted at our guest house, the YMCA!!

To celebrate we have a couple of whiskys to celebrate, a couple turned into a few and a few turned into a lot!!

The next day we attempted to rent some bikes, couldn't find any so we tried to walk up to see a monkey god temple on the top of the moutain that took an hour.

There are literally monkeys everywhere in this place and people on stalls are selling sticks to beat
ShimlaShimlaShimla

The worlds highest shoe store
the monkeys away. Probably should have invested in one cause Hemal got his sun glasses stolen by one of them. They were eye balling each other and the monkey slowly moved closer and stole his shades and ran away, and then tryed to eat them, realised he couldn't and throught hem off a cliff. Funny funny stuff!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

ShimlaShimla
Shimla

Thats what I call crowd control!
ShimlaShimla
Shimla

Hemal and his mate
ShimlaShimla
Shimla

That little monkey that stole hemal's shades
ShimlaShimla
Shimla

asking for directions
ShimlaShimla
Shimla

Bus to Shimla


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0268s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb